upgrading the rear end

mrt2you

Established Member
I purchase a new rear end housing pn# br3z-4010-a to upgrade the rear axle in my 08 bullitt mustang.
this housing is a replacement part for a 2014 GT500.

I want to buy alloy axles and a Detroit locker center section.
I know the locker is overkill, but in my past experiences if you spend a little more and buy the good stuff the first time. it's actually cheaper in the long run when the marginal stuff breaks. I know I will have a clunking noise in the rear, I have owned lockers before and have had extremely good luck with them.

when I look on summit site the moser axles pn# a883105, only ones machined for abs rings. the site states they will only work on mustings until 2010.
with the Detroit locker pn# 187c145. the website says will fit only up to 2010 mustangs.
there are NO axles or center sections listed on the summit racing website for a 2014 mustang.
I chatted with tech and they had no answer. so they asked me to email tech for someone to do some research on the subject.

what are the 14 mustang guys using to upgrade your rear ends?

I know about the larger inner pinion bearing needed for this axle. the housing is basically the same dimensions, but why won't these parts work?

what are your thoughts on this subject?

THANK YOU for any assistance you can give me.

OKBandit

Established Member
That part number is correct for our cars (13-14 gt500). I had no luck finding info that would confirm that on the internet, but they are indeed the right parts.

Users who are viewing this thread