Upgrading blower ?s

NiceCobra

Established Member
Well I decided that its time for more power and want to start buying parts this winter. End goal would be Fun, low end power reliable weekend warrior.
Current mods
Killer chiller
100 mm idler
Jlt next gen rai
O/r prochamber
Stingers
Fr diff cover
H&r race springs
Mm subframe connectors welded in
Made 478whp 468 tq

So at first I was thinking about going ported blower with lower pulley. I've been reading that they are alot of fun with alot of tq at low rpms. I usually only do 2nd-3rd gear pulls. So I'm thinking this might be a good option for around 510whp-520tq?

But I keep going back and forth on the Whipple 2.3 also. I will most likely need to upgrade the clutch also if i go this route so I'm assuming this option will cost me roughly $2-3k more after paying to have a new clutch installed.

So I guess my ? Is will the ported blower with the low end tq feel just as quick and snappy as the Whipple on the 2-3rd gear pulls.
Both options will include bap, maf and 60 lb injectors

Last edited:

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Ported would get your goal in E85. Me personally unless you find a steal on a ported blower. I'd skip and go VMP 2.3 TVS. Or a 2.3L Whipple would be my second choice. You will probably have to run less boost if that is all the fuel upgrades you plan on doing.

NiceCobra

Established Member
If I got Whipple 2.3 I'm only trying to run 17-18 lbs. I've been seeing most people running that boost have around 560-580whp with similar tq to a ported blower.

Users who are viewing this thread