Upgrading 11 year old brake lines...need quick suggestions

BlackCobra96

I'm looking to go stainless steel for both front and back, and I'm looking for direct bolt-ons. Also, need suggestions for brake fluid, if one brand is better than the next. I'm looking to try my hand at autocrossing.

Red98CobraStang

Got Torque?
Established Member
any DOT 4 fluid will do. I like du-pont. You dont really need the rear stainless, just the fronts. Russel makes a good set. This is on my to do list also. I think my car has the original brake fluid....

mystic1219

Established Member
I had to replace a rear line and it is nearly impossible to find stainless ones due to that funky "Y" block design (think they only did it for a year or two). I ended up getting a stock line from a guy who went with IRS.

ju015dd

64 valves
Established Member
Red98CobraStang said:
any DOT 4 fluid will do. I like du-pont. You dont really need the rear stainless, just the fronts. Russel makes a good set. This is on my to do list also. I think my car has the original brake fluid....

yeah the russle lines are what i went with about 2 years ago. they are top notch and well worthe the money!

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
Red98CobraStang said:
Yeh Dot 4 has around a 425 degree boiling point so its good, that's what I am using now. I believe Steeda has them for front and back, but everything I have read states that rear ss lines are unnecessary. I went with MM front lines last month. Very easy install as long as you realize you need to remove the "c clip" from the mounting bracket that is attached to the car...doh!

Users who are viewing this thread