upgraded stereo all the way around, quick harness question

virginiafiveo

L8RBTCH
Established Member
guys I just this weekend got my new infinity kappa components in up front and my rockford rears installed hooked to my rockford T400-4 amp. my question is that I didn't remove my mach 460 harness, what wires on the factory harness do what exactly so my head unit isn't trying to amplify wires that go no where.

btw, these sound so much better and I don't even have my subwoofer installed yet. I am running an older pioneer AVHP4000DVD, I like it, but could use a little help on this part.

from the few times we messed with it I seemed to get a little bit of a high pitch whine, no it wasn't the blower. :shrug: but it would be on, and then we would shut the head unit off and turn it back on and it would be gone, most of the time it wasn't there.

thanks for the help guys.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
High pitch whine is alternator noise due to a possible grounding issue. Make sure all your grounds are wired correctly.

Doesn't matter about the existing 460 harness as the 4 channel is being fed through the headunit preamp connections. But plenty of Mach info here: Mach 460 Information

shurur

Established Member
As stated above..go here first:

Mach 460 Information 1000 Overview

click on "Sound System Wire Diagrams"

Save and print..that's your starting point.

last page is the 8 pin power connector from/to the old radio.
at the female connector side.

1. DKBU: pwr from radio to remote amps
2. OG/LB: pwr from radio to cd player
3. BK/LG: Ground to Radio
4. No Connect
5. LB/R: power from dimmer to radio
6. Y/BR or BK/PK: 12V ignition power to radio
7. BK: Ground Ground to radio
8. Y: constant (battery) 12V

I hope I didn't send you off into the weeds..check #3 and #7 grounds

The other 8 pin connector (2 rows of 4 pins) goes to your original amp...which I guess you don't have or use anymore.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread