Upgraded Oil Pan

Osiris_SVT

SVTHC
Established Member
I was visiting CTAmotorsports.com and noticed that as of 2003, Ford has created an upgraded oil pan for the 2.5 V6. Did they completely replace the old oil pan with this one and stop production on the old, or is it a different part number? and does anyone know what the proper part number is? The part # they provided, K19P, doesn't register as a proper Ford part on fordparts.com.

:bash: :xpl: :burn: :burnout: :cuss:

DemonSVT

The Mad Modder!
Established Member
5L8Z was the latest revision as of last fall.

However each revision replaced the previous so if you order an oil pan it will be the latest revision.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Mirko tweaks 'stock' pans for racing applications...however they are pricey.

Osiris_SVT

SVTHC
Established Member
Tweaks? They use the same pan? interesting. Sounds magicial like peter pan. I think I will stick with stock/upgraded stock. I wonder what Ford changed on the oil pan anyways. But I hope it works better than the original because i have big oil spots all over my driveway. I can probably use it as a slip n' slide (if you thought rug burn was bad.. try this one).

DemonSVT

The Mad Modder!
Established Member
RTStabler51 said:
Mirko tweaks 'stock' pans for racing applications...however they are pricey.

For all that money you get minimal extra protection from oil starvation. (the only benefit is you can run another 1/2 quart of oil)

Oil pan mods don't fix the problem.

Only an Accusump does. Well maybe a full oval port 3L as well but an Accusump is a given for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread