Upgraded brakes options with BBS wheels

canadianbullitt

Established Member
Hey guys,
I remember reading a while back that cars that run the BBS RK wheels cant do the majority of big brake kits. Is there any people on here that have these wheels and have upgraded their brakes? I believe they are the stock brakes along with powerslot rotors.
I love the look of the big break kits. Is here anything you guys can recommend for me to upgrade the looks and performance of my brake system while keeping the wheels I have now?
Thanks,
Chris

Woody6799

Established Member
I am pretty sure the only thing I have seen is the 00R kit using a 1/4" spacer. I just went with the powder coated calipers route with my RK's

canadianbullitt

Established Member
Both.
I think what im going to do is get some Baer Eradispeed rotors with aluminum hats, some upgraded pads and run some braided lines.
Cant do anything for bigger calipers without changing wheels which im not willing to do.

HuntFishCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Good man, that's exactly what I was going to suggest. I've found myself in the same pickle, mainly because the big brake kits are big $$$$! A good powdercoat job on the stock calipers will work wonders too and will help give you that look. I've read on here upgrading to DOT4 brake fluid too, so you may want to look into that one! Good luck and I'm going to want to see how yours turns out for when I do brakes on my car! lol

Woody6799

Established Member
Rotopros slotted rotors with SS lines and rotopros low dust pads (don't use these pads) powdered Prismatic Root Beer. Brakes feel great but the pads dust wayyyyy too much.

P4280022.jpg

P4280014.jpg

hadn't done the line yet here...
PC010001.jpg

SVT_Troy

Established Member
I waited awhile for my Rk's, got them and then I came across a 4 piston 14" rotor Brembo BBK kit for a really good deal. This obviously meant the RK's had to go and now I can only run 18" rims. My BBK setup paired with sticky Michelins will rip the teeth out of your mouth when I push the pedal to the floor!

Svtmustang01

Established Member
Only way I have though of so far is to put a fox body a arm on the front tucking the wheel an extra inch. Then space the wheel out the inch needed on arp wheel studs. I went the easier route and just sold them lol

Users who are viewing this thread