Upgrade time [emoji16]

2003SVTFreak

Established Member
So my buddy just bought a 2015 vette. He's already running his mouth about racing. I don't want to get beat, I have 03 cobra vert with 2.9"upper, stainless works full 3" with high flow cats, jlt big air, accufab sbtb, accufab plenum, all idler pulleys changed, tri-ax shifter, and a custom tune. I want to get a bit more power out of the stock eaton without porting. I don't have dyno numbers but know I want to be 500+rwhp. Looking for gurus to lead me in the direction to get this cobra to spank that vert. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

2003SVTFreak

Established Member
Pic for reference
1520551107141.jpg

bullitt2735

Established Member
even with a ported eaton the new vettes are fast and you have a heavy vert....i'd just go tvs

edit: you could throw on 2.75 pulley and do a fuel system and go e85 that would get you around 500whp without porting the blower

MG0h3

Established Member
A TVS or whipple on pump will get you there. I bet just E85 on an eaton would too.

I was around 590rwhp and beat one that took the hit and had at least three cars on me.

Could always just run him now and see what happens.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Not related, but get rid of that jlt separator on drivers side and put that bigger one that's on passenger side in it's place.

2003SVTFreak

Established Member
I'm gonna run him at the track next week and we will see. I'm gonna get a BA2600, 2.76 pulley, and see where I stand. To run e85 I need to swap pumps and what else? Returnless?

MG0h3

Established Member
I'm gonna run him at the track next week and we will see. I'm gonna get a BA2600, 2.76 pulley, and see where I stand. To run e85 I need to swap pumps and what else? Returnless?

Eesh the track will be even worse for you I think, unless he can't drive for crap. He auto or manual?

I know some guys have run E85 returnless. I can't recall all what they changed to be honest. Almost think I read factory lines, filter and everything, just appropriate injectors. I imagine it is more successful on an eaton car than bigger blower setups. Maybe talk to 04sleeper on here.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Yeah the passenger side one has never caught anything in it. Might do that. Thanks.

It generally doesn't. If your intake stays dry, just throw a jlt pre filter on that side.

I had the jlt on the driver's side year's ago. It's too small and doesn't allow all the vapors to break down. Check the back of your plenum/blower. See if you get any oil, I did.

2003SVTFreak

Established Member
Eesh the track will be even worse for you I think, unless he can't drive for crap. He auto or manual?

I know some guys have run E85 returnless. I can't recall all what they changed to be honest. Almost think I read factory lines, filter and everything, just appropriate injectors. I imagine it is more successful on an eaton car than bigger blower setups. Maybe talk to 04sleeper on here.
It's an auto so his driving won't come to factor much.

Zemedici

Established Member
You’re gonna be hard pressed to make 500whp without porting the blower

A fuel system will cost as much as buying a bigger blower....nitrous would be cheaper

Rambro

Established Member
I used to hate hearing this because I was a big fan of the ported eaton........ For about a month lol. Try and hold out for a used 2.3 whipple. Ever since the tvs came out for our cars the 2.3 whipple can be had for super cheap. I gave 2500 for mine a few years ago and ive seen them go for around 2300 these days. Dont waste time with a port IMO. If your buddy does a cam and exhaust you might be in trouble with the port and e85, especially from a roll.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
TVS, return fuel, and E85. Was going to buy a ported blower but it’s not worth it. You will be hungry for more later. If your on a budget once the gen 3 hits the market there will probably be some deals on gen 2’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread