upgrade IRS level 5

dansvt

dansvt
Established Member
i want upgrade the irs on my cobra04 ,i've a kb 2.2 21lbs a pass my dyno tune friday but around 620rwhp and for the irs tell me your opinion about this set up:

level 5 dss 31 spline
maximum motorsport irs bushing mmrg-22
carrier eaton posi?? that good ??
gear 4.10 ford racing

that's good ? and i need anything else ?

SlowSVT

Established Member
What other mods do you already have? This could get ugly

I suggest adding a Billetflow diff cover brace, MM aluminum diff mounting hardware, 14 mm or 9/16 IRS bolts and a T-56 fine spline input shaft to your list..........what kind of clutch did you say your running?

What is a MMRG-22 bushing?

Last edited:

mavereq

Established Member
why do you need new halfshafts? are you launching your car really hard on slicks. i launch mine hard on stock shafts with no problems.... so far.

terminator04

Director Choice 1st place
Established Member
4:10 is going to be to much gear for that car with the kb..leave the stock 3:55 in

ViciousJay

Established Member
dont bother with level 5's if anything go buy 10 sets of stockers.... the dss have many problems... also many people havesuccessfully ran 10's and 9's on stock half shafts....

WDW MKR

Established Member
See comments below.

dansvt said:
level 5 dss 31 spline
I have them and love them. Some have had machining issues. Stock shafts will go a long way so long as you don't hop them. Very rarely do they break from too much traction.

dansvt said:
maximum motorsport irs bushing mmrg-22
Save yourself money while getting a fantastic product by purchasing the entire bushing setup from Bruce (a.k.a. ac427cobra). His stuff works just as well, if not better, and is cheaper. He has a lot of road racing experience and superb customer service.

dansvt said:
carrier eaton posi?? that good ??
No need to swap if your stocker isn't broken.

dansvt said:
gear 4.10 ford racing
Too much gear for you power level without running 28" tires. Stick with the stock gears.

Last edited:

dansvt

dansvt
Established Member
my carrier oem slip ! For my set up i just change my clutch in carrier and i will have no problem for traction ?.3.73 gear is good for running ET street mickey tompson?

Users who are viewing this thread