Upgrade inlet on 2.1 Kenne Bell?

Spursguy123

Established Member
Im currently running a 2.1 on my 2v at 9 psi with stock internals. I want to reach 500rwhp. I'm going to build the engine and up the boost to 14 psi. I'm not sure if I'll make the 500 with the current inlet. Anyone know where I can get a 2.6 inlet and is there anything else I need to do once I get the inlet?

Thanks

Last edited:

tarheels15

Established Member
I just sold a 2.6 inlet after 450 rwhp the stock inlet starts slowing the gains down personally you should just sell the 2.1 and buy a 2.6.You cant buy a new inlet from kb any more and if you do its like 500 or so for the inlet then you have to make it work.I believe you can buy a mammoth or todd berry motorsports inlet but those run around 1700 hence why its not worth it.btw a 2.2 kb has the same inlet also as a 2.6 and theres a kit for sale on corral right now.good luck with your build

Need 04 Wine

Meanest CDN on SVTP
Established Member
Sell the KB 2.1l that is a given

perhaps On3 turbo? kit is only +/-$1700.... run 6psi and make more power.

Best of luck

Spursguy123

Established Member
Thanks for your responses. I really don't want to sell the 2.1 I've had it less than a year and probably won't get what I would want for it. All I want to hit is 500hp. I know the 2.6 would have been a smarter choice, hindsight is 20/20. So since I already have the 2.1 and don't want to sell what do you guys think I can do to hit 500 on a mustang dyno? What if I get a on3 turbo kit and compound boost my 2v? Do you think this would work?

Gravik

Established Member
500hp is doable on a 2.1. But you will need ported heads and cams.

Users who are viewing this thread