upgrade from catch can to breather tank?

ryan319

Established Member
Has anyone upgraded from just a catch can to a full on breather tank? I just put a JLT 3.0 on the passenger side a few months ago but I am thinking about upgrading to the Watson Racing tank which collects from both the passenger and driver side.

Anyone done a similar upgrade? Did you notice any difference in how the car performed? Did you need to do anything with the tune for deleting the PCV?

TVS VERT

Established Member
I just removed my KB and the amount of oil that was in there was insane the JLT Oil separator or as I like o call it inducer didn't do jack, it's currently for sale for $2 plus shipping ......go with the new UPR setup far superior .

Joewee500

Established Member
When I pulled my Kenny Bell there was oil present as well. The funny thing though, is that I didn't have the PCV routed to the Supercharger at all. I have both valve covers routed to a vented catch can.

Bobbyblaze

Established Member
The only way to go is Watson Racing Peterson breather can. Get rid of the PCV. I had bobs oil separators, it might have kept some oil out but not all.

2016-10-08%2017.42.58.jpg

ryan319

Established Member
The only way to go is Watson Racing Peterson breather can. Get rid of the PCV. I had bobs oil separators, it might have kept some oil out but not all.

2016-10-08%2017.42.58.jpg

Looks like you have the new wr can with the third fitting to redirect the vent under the car. Did you notice any difference in performance when switched or have to do anything with the tune? Does the vent just go to atmosphere?

Snoopy49

Established Member
NEW AND IMPROVED!! Watson Racing has updated the famous Peterson PCV Catch Can Breather Kit to a re-designed SEALED Can. The Can is NO LONGER vented right in front of your cars interior fresh-air intake! That means no more oil/gas smell inside the car! The redesigned Peterson Can begin with the same proven race-winning design as before but now features a sealed lid. An internal secondary separator Can now vents through a new 3rd outlet that you can run under the car (or elsewhere) and away from the cabin’s fresh air intake. This revised Can is actually more expensive, but we managed to keep the kit price the same for you! All lines and fittings are provided, and better yet- the rubber line is now produced UN-CUT and without the unnecessary sheathing. This gives you the flexibility to mount the Peterson Can in any location as well as flexibility in the vehicle you choose to use this on: 2005 all the way through 2016 Mustang, for road racing OR drag racing!

:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Bobbyblaze

Established Member
Looks like you have the new wr can with the third fitting to redirect the vent under the car. Did you notice any difference in performance when switched or have to do anything with the tune? Does the vent just go to atmosphere?
Exactly. I routed my vent under the front of the car. I immediately noticed how smooth the idle was after deleting the pcv. No noticeable difference in performance yet. I'm cleaning the whole intake system from blower to Manifold pan, after that I should be able to add some timing and in turn more performance. No change in the tune was needed for my car, I unplugged the pcv and no code was thrown.

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

stsltd

Established Member
When you make this change and remove the pcv valve, do you have to do anything with the pcv sensor connection on the passenger side? Just leave it disconnected? No codes?

HillbillyHotRod

Hooligan rabble rouser
Established Member
When you make this change and remove the pcv valve, do you have to do anything with the pcv sensor connection on the passenger side? Just leave it disconnected? No codes?

If you are talking about the plug that goes on the pass side pvc I have been told that it is just a heater and does not have to be on. I disconnected mine when I was trying something different and it made no difference being disconnected.

Last edited:

Snoopy49

Established Member

Like HillbillyHotRod stated, the plug is for the heater. The heater prevents condensation in the valve from freezing up which could prevent the proper operation of the PCV valve.

Users who are viewing this thread