Updated Dyno Run with Lower Pulley - Your thoughts??

390PLUS

Established Member
Hey guys,

Here is my dyno run with the lower pulley added. Thinking about porting the blower, tb and plenum. Waiting on some answers form Steigmier but also considering the 2.9 Whipple. It will all depend on cost and $$$$.

Let me know your thougths.

littlejohn

Established Member
The dyno sheet isn't working for me, but from looking at your updated #'s you are likely really choked off on the top end with the stock TB. From my own experience, you'll gain 15+ rwhp w/a TB, and I gained another 21 rwhp with the Stieg port. I was 580/597 with full exhaust and TB, and 601/597 with the ported SC.

390PLUS

Established Member
skyhighsd: Who is posi?

littlejohn: If you don't mind me asking, What kind of cost was involved with those changes? Do you feel comfortable with the reliability of the blower now? Driveability change?

390PLUS

Established Member
Trying but having issues loading the image. It asks for a URL address. Any advise on how the thread works with adding the file?

Last edited:

skyhighsd

Established Member
Trying but having issues loading the image. It asks for a URL address. Any advise on how the thread works with adding the file?

If you have a photo bucket account, host it on there and then use the url from photo bucket to post it.

littlejohn

Established Member
I bought a take-off blower for $400, and then it cost $600 to port it plus shipping. Then you need a TB; $300+ for a BBK 65mm to $600+ for a Whipple monoblade.

The blower runs just as good as stock, cannot tell any difference for run quality. It doesn't heat soak as fast, when I dynoed it it didn't lose any hp on the backup pull, where the stock blower lost 6 rwhp.

I am going to a TVS in a few weeks with VMP's 72mm TB. I will be listing the ported blower on ebay with a starting bid of $750; it has only 2500 miles on it. I also have a Whipple monoblade that I will list for $300 start bid, and a ported BBK 65mm TB for $250. Both are mint, the ported BBK is within a few hp of the monoblade, and it has better idle characteristics.

I would highly recommend porting the stock blower, and from what I've seen both Stieg and Posi do good work and make more power. Even if you go with a bigger blower down the road, you still need a bigger TB now. So then it's really only an extra $600 plus shipping for the port; pretty cheap for 20+ rwhp and more efficiency.

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member
Hey guys,

Here is my dyno run with the lower pulley added. Thinking about porting the blower, tb and plenum. Waiting on some answers form Steigmier but also considering the 2.9 Whipple. It will all depend on cost and $$$$.

Let me know your thougths.

nice #'s...

I just did the L & M combo with 10% and a slight port on the blower
#'s in sig....Works well:beer:

sc2000gt

Established Member
I have a 2.7 upper ,10%od lower,steeda cai,magnaflow 3" catback and vmp 93 octane tune,if I were to add a CJ throttle body how much would I gain? would it require a new tune?

Users who are viewing this thread