UPDATE:::Snow on the car thread

soon2be03

Established Member
hey well as of today there was one injury about a person driving with an "obstructed view/window". It appears that is the only charge that would/could get a person with snow on their cars. I was thinking there would be more and there might be after this case. The person ran a red light, hit a five year old girl, and luckley only broke her leg. He said he could not see her because of snow on the window.

Anyway, just thought I would give you all an update.

Lawfficer

Just a dude with a car
Established Member
Depends on the state you are in.... I can think of Several in WI when you realize that Wisconsin treats EVERYTHING on your car as part of your load.

346.62 Reckless Driving:
(3) No person may cause bodily harm to another by the negligent operation of a vehicle

346.88(3)(a)
(a) No person shall drive any motor vehicle with any sign, poster or other nontransparent material upon the front windshield, front side wings, side windows in the driver's compartment or rear window of such vehicle other than a certificate or other sticker issued by order of a governmental agency. Such permitted sticker shall not cover more than 15 square inches of glass surface and shall be placed in the lower left-hand corner of the windshield; the left corner being on the driver's left when seated behind the wheel.

346.88(1)
(1) No person shall drive a vehicle when it is so loaded or when there are in the front seat such number of persons, or any persons so situated, as to obstruct the view of the operator to the front or to the sides or as to interfere with the operator having free use of both hands and feet to the operating mechanisms or controls of the vehicle.

Users who are viewing this thread