Update on TOB Problem

Bone Stock SVT

This may be old news but what the heck...

Just got off the phone with SVT. They said that there is now a SB for the TOB and a complete tranny replacement in no longer required. The bearing guide is now available individually. ( so they say).

Bone Stock SVT

My second call to SVT...

The TSB is in the works but not out yet ( I asked for the TSB #). He also stated that if my bearing guide is damaged, he would get me one.

Hopefully this is a real indication of Ford resolving this TOB problem and not smoke up my arse.

Bone Stock SVT

Picked up my car today.

They verified the TOB noise and called SVT. SVT instructed them to drop the tranny, and if there are any problems with the guide, replace the whole tranny.

Looks like the TSB is still in the works. How long has it been now? A year? I am bringing it back next week so they can drop it. So what happens after they replace the tranny and the TOB craps out again. Do I have to get another tranny? Fricken bullsheet!

I also had a pull to the right. Turns out my front end amd IRS was way out of wack. Not only was the alignment all jacked and tires unbalanced, but there was loose bolts all over. Drives much better now and doen't feel like my old 77 Blazer. Corners now are much easier.

I hate to say this, but I am comsidering looking into lemoning it or a buy-back. It's not that I don't like my car, I love it. I am just frustrated with all the problems it has had. Then I read on this site that these problems are very common and others are experiencing the same thing. I paid 33 g's for this car and it only has 4500 miles. When it comes down to it, how can I support a company like Ford? One thing for sure is... I WILL NEVER BUY A FORD AGAIN.

Sorry for the negative email, but this just sucks.

§ilver§nake

Quiet Thunder
Established Member
I took mine in for TOB noise; in a couple of hours, they finally received authorization for a tranny replacement. The service manager hung up the phone and placed the order with the parts department.

The next day the tranny came in and I was out of there by 4 pm.

I must have been lucky; it only took me two days.

SStupid

Established Member

Three weeks for my tranny replacement. I'm at 18k and took it in at 17K. Do I take it in again before the 36k mark, even if I don't hear anything? I would hate to be stuck with a $3,000 bill for a tranny for something that isn't my fault.

03DOHC

Established Member
Re: 3

Originally posted by SStupid
Three weeks for my tranny replacement. I'm at 18k and took it in at 17K. Do I take it in again before the 36k mark, even if I don't hear anything? I would hate to be stuck with a $3,000 bill for a tranny for something that isn't my fault.
We used to have customers come in at close to 36K miles and do exactly that. I'd do the same thing.

FWIW there is still no SSM or TSB for the TOB.

Users who are viewing this thread