Update on the hit and run

TrophyCar

2wheels are better than 4
Established Member
Ok well I'm not sure how many of you know . . . my car was involved in a hit and run last Friday. Happened while I was at work, and for those of you who don't know I sell uniforms and accessories to Law Enforcement, Fire-Rescue, and EMS. All good guys.

So tonight, all four lugs on my front passenger wheel were loosened . . . to the point they fell off when I touched them.

So it seems I've made an enemy along the way. How do you deal with life when somebody's trying to kill you? Do you count down the days and do all the things you'd want to accomplish before dying? or do you forget it's happening and go on with life the way it is?
:shrug:

ZincDude

Blah
Established Member
That does not sound very cool to me. Maybe you should inquire about what happened with some of your cop buddies. If someone is endangering your life that way Jen that is very serious. I would not be paranoid but I would investigate.

KevinB120

COOKIES!
Established Member
We could round up an SVT posse!!! :mj: :mj: :mj: :mj: :mj: :mj:

On another note: Jen, out of curiosity, could you swipe a cop uniform one size smaller then your regular size and take pics?;-)

Oh make sure you get the hat too.

KevinB120

COOKIES!
Established Member
Originally posted by ZincDude
That does not sound very cool to me. Maybe you should inquire about what happened with some of your cop buddies. If someone is endangering your life that way Jen that is very serious. I would not be paranoid but I would investigate.

Seriously though, thats probably the best course of action.

SlowSVT95

Banned
Established Member
Originally posted by TrophyCar
Ok well I'm not sure how many of you know . . . my car was involved in a hit and run last Friday. Happened while I was at work, and for those of you who don't know I sell uniforms and accessories to Law Enforcement, Fire-Rescue, and EMS. All good guys.

So tonight, all four lugs on my front passenger wheel were loosened . . . to the point they fell off when I touched them.

So it seems I've made an enemy along the way. How do you deal with life when somebody's trying to kill you? Do you count down the days and do all the things you'd want to accomplish before dying? or do you forget it's happening and go on with life the way it is?
:shrug:
Welcome to my world... My brake line was cut a few weeks ago.

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
I had problems at school with kids messing with my car, they were vandelizing everyones cars at the time, but just loosened the lugnuts on mine. I take a light fingernail polish and paint them so I can just do a quick walk around and see if the have been messed with, paint seal is broken don't drive. Sorry to hear, hope you stay safe.

monkeyspunk79

A Van Down by the River.
Established Member
Sorry to hear that, bro. Get some locking lugs and let your boys in blue know. Maybe they'll swing by the parking lot a few more times for ya.

Sinister Angel

Buh Bye !
Originally posted by sohowcome
Watch out Jen he is young and not experienced in these matters, talk to Kris or Hulky they would know the right way to handle this.

:rollseyes

Ignorance spreads like a disease.

It had nothing to do with resolving the situation.

Last edited:

TrophyCar

2wheels are better than 4
Established Member
Thanks for all the comments. Here's a little more info. I did file a police report for both incidents. Had to leave the car in a parking lot last night because she wasn't safe to drive. East patroled her last night and Central will be patroling the store, and double on Fridays since that's when this is all happening.

The dept wants an alarm installed on the car (I've said it's not gonna help) and they want cameras put in our parking lots. I agree this goes beyond pointless vandalism. We've already been through the typical "Did you break up with a bf recently?" questions. Nobody I can think of that I've pissed off.

I do not have my CCW permit yet. I do carry a Glock 19 with me at all times. Only difference is I have to have it in the open. Fine with me. Better in my defense in my opinion.

Also, I have locking lug nuts. All four of the lugs are locking, but let's face it. The keys aren't hard to get ahold of and those new gator grip tools will work on them anyway.

Thank you to everyone who is concerned. It's an ongoing thing. Matt I appreciate the offer. Always good to know I have friends around. Zach, I haven't talked to Kris yet, but since I live in the county and everything, so far, has happened in the city, I'll probably talk to a few county guys so they can watch out for me. It was a very rough evening last night. Got to go check the car for more damage. The PD wants a full update on damage after 1 pm today.

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
That's some weird stuff happening to you, Jennifer. My advice [along with telling your friends on the force] is to set up your car somewhere that looks tempting and aim a video camera [or two] at it from nearby buildings. Leave it a while and see what happens. People loosening lug nuts is attempted murder if you ask me. It's not just a prank.

Same thing with you, Leeann. Cutting a brake line is some serious sh*t. Alarms wouldn't hurt on your cars. With pagers. Just don't shoot anybody messing with your cars or you will be the ones in trouble. Catch the bastards if you can and let them go to jail. Good luck ladies. I hope you catch the jerks.

Users who are viewing this thread