Update on my Stolen Engine Issue (Part 2)

k_kenley

Established Member
Okay, for those of you that need the history on this, goto this thread:
http://svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=444669

For everyone else:
I GOT IT!!!!!! :banana::pepper::D:rolling::beer::rockon::burnout::coolman::):thumbsup:
It may have cost $2500, but I got it. They had the auction for the engine today, it took so long because they had to straighten out a title for it. A friend of mine is the owner of Accufab, and he set me up with a friend of his that's part owner of a local Ford dealership. We went to the auto auction today and it was the first thing on the block. The bidding started out at $600 and it was mostly between us and someone on the internet. I told the guy bidding for me that I was good up to $2500, and the internet person stopped at $2200, so we placed the last bid at $2300 and got it, plus the auctions $195 sellers fee, = $2495.

I've been checking with the auction manager every week since it went there, and they've been really cool with me. He let me see it when it first got there, and he even had his people keep it inside their warehouse. The manager said that when we won I had a HUGE look of relief on me. Yeah, it is alot, but it was the cheapest choice that I had to getting another engine, especially one that new. Even everyone that saw it at the auction said that it looked BRAND NEW. My next option would've been to have my friend at Accufab rebuild on of the ones he has, which would've been at least $3500.

Now, once the CHP tells me they're done talking to the guy that I bought it from in San Diego, I will be giving him a call and telling him that we need to work something out or we will be meeting in court. From what I've been told I can feel certain of winning a case against him in court for what I had to pay to get it back, since it was his responsibility to know the status of it. I won't die for the money now so I can afford to put a lien against the guy and wait until he tries to get a loan from a bank, and he's put in the position of having to pay me off first.

Being honest isn't always cheap, but you don't always have to finish last.

Last edited:

mswaim

Dark Side Poster
Established Member
A big thumbs up to doing the right thing. Integrity is a precious commodity in today's world, be proud of your efforts!! :beer::beer:

Users who are viewing this thread