Update on my KB 99

RED99COBRA

Established Member
Well I finally have everything in working order. I had to get a new tensioner as I shredded 2 belts because of a weak spring. I then had to get a new hood blanket because of the shredded belts. When I took the hood blanket off I noticed that the top of the throttle body wore a hole in the fiberglass hood brace so I had to dremel that area out and touch it up with paint.

Now for the fun. I raced Viper GTS (not sure of what year) from a dig and waxed his ass. I had him by about 2 cars by 100 before he let off. He slowed down and asked what was done to the car we talked for a moment and went our separate ways. I am having a freaking blast with the car once I got all of the BS fixed with the transmission. I cannot reccommend the Kenne Bell enough.

Mt Twigbert

Established Member
Well............ I'm guessing you have less then 1 year before you blow up your lower end............................

Don't feel bad though............ I give mine about the same amount of time..... =\

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
Mt Twigbert said:
Well............ I'm guessing you have less then 1 year before you blow up your lower end............................

Don't feel bad though............ I give mine about the same amount of time..... =\

What gives you that idea....i've had my KB for 3 years and 20k miles at 9psi...On the stock bottom end.

Last edited:

Mt Twigbert

Established Member
Double"O" said:
well i guess you are clueless for the most part....i've my KB for 3 years and 20k miles at 9psi

Who is the clueless one who can't speak english????

My brothers 98 KB just blew with 30k miles on it.. ONLY 5 of which were supercharged.. Its no secret our motors have weak links.. I hope for the best but expect the worst..

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
Mt Twigbert said:
Who is the clueless one who can't speak english????

My brothers 98 KB just blew with 30k miles on it.. ONLY 5 of which were supercharged.. Its no secret our motors have weak links.. I hope for the best but expect the worst..

you forgot one of these ' :-D

Last edited:

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
glad you got the belt thing worked out. i was starting to worry. nice kill on the viper too!

Last edited:

poneypower

They call me Shipwreck!
Established Member
unless he edited the original post, he said he couldn't recommend it enough. Love to read about these KB installs! Nice ride man.

RED99COBRA

Established Member
Mt Twigbert said:

I am building the bottom end up over the winter along with a new fuel system, tublar k member, and long tubes. I want to pulley the blower to 15-18 psi.

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
poneypower said:
unless he edited the original post, he said he couldn't recommend it enough. Love to read about these KB installs! Nice ride man.
ah, you're right! my bad. it was late when i read that....

MrBrain

Corner carver
Established Member
Pretty expensive that 9psi KB kit though :S
They also deliver a "chip" I've seen on their site. Is it a chip or can you get a SCT tune? How custom is it (removed anti spin, corrected gear ration etc.)?
I am so gonna save for the KB, to bad it costs like a car :p

01 Venom

Established Member
The cost is what kept me away from the KB, but you make great power with that thing. I am glad youre having fun :)

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
MrBrain said:
They also deliver a "chip" I've seen on their site. Is it a chip or can you get a SCT tune? How custom is it (removed anti spin, corrected gear ration etc.)?

the chip is a 4banh SCT chip....the KB tune is very very safe...just waaayyy rich...at least mine was...10.0ish A/F lol

RED99COBRA

Established Member
MrBrain said:
The KB tune was dead on in my opinion. They could have gone more aggressive since I run Torco full time in my car but I chose to keep it safe so I didnt break anything until I got it built. The price is pretty steep but I think you get what you pay for. I could have went the turbo route but I wanted the benefits of a twin screw and the turbo would have still ended up costing me even more.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
^^^ i got mine 3 years ago and was one of the first with the KB kit...they had a ton of problems with the 99 tune and only a few with 01 tunes....but they got better as more people got the kits and sent them datalogs and results

Users who are viewing this thread