update on my 93 Cobra 5 lug conversion...

1BAD93SVT

Established Member
03BlownSnake said:
I didnt do any brake line upgrades, the calipers I used (94-04 mustang v6/gt) were almost identical and the factory brake lines just bolted up perfect. no modifications needed at all.
I will have pictures up later on today :thumbsup:

I upgraded the fronts with MM stainless steel lines for the sn95 cobra brakes. stock cobra lines need an adapter. i will also post pics later on my thread I started a few weeks ago

03BlownSnake

SVT Tech
Established Member
sorry about the pictures.. its been raining here and as you can see, I already have some rust, which is normal, I havent driven the car since I installed everything... the rear wheels fit pretty well too, I have plenty of clearance on the inside of the wheel. The tire comes out to the edge of the fender, so I might have to roll the fender lips a bit, but I havent done that just yet. I only drove it from work to my house, a grand total of 1 mile, lol, and I can already tell the difference in traction, hooks up alot better :beer:
Hopefully the pictures come out ok. I will have to wash it all up and get full car pictures later on, I think it looks great though!!! :thumbsup:
clearancewheel8fn.jpg

reardriver2ps.jpg

rearshot574cm.jpg

brakecloseup574gd.jpg

wheelclose7ye.jpg

JimJr

I Like Curves
Established Member
03BlownSnake, I read this thread on the corral and though it might help you get those center caps on.

I'm also a little curious as to what exactly you did to convert to 5-lug up front. I guess you have the stock spindles/hubs and the 5-lug rotors you bought look like this ebay rotor?

hrslotted935lugfr.jpg

Last edited:

93SVT-Jason

Established Member
JimJr, YES the brake and road course man!! I have been trying to find some Baer brake info and couldn't find it on Baer's sight...

A 13' front and 12' rear Baer kit brand new for a 92 gt vert with 4 lug 18' cobra R's. Could I make that work for me and retain my stock cobra wheels?? It's a killer deal if I can. I know they used to list a kit for the 93 cobra, do you know what the difference is between the two? (as I cross my fingers!)

Thanks

JimJr

I Like Curves
Established Member
93SVT-Jason, you need to contact the REAL brake and road course man, PM sent!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread