Update on freebie LVL-10 VB from boca ron

Bird

Old and tired............
Established Member
Finally got a chance to take it to the track last night - night and day difference from what I had. Was breaking the tires loose on 1-2 shift and 2-3 felt just as sharp.

Again, thank you Ron for the assist.

Bird

MaxPower

She likes Spaghetti
Established Member
:thumbsup: Awesome.

BTW, nice MPH! I was SO hoping to crack the 110 mark - just missed it both runs :nonono:

Bird

Established Member
boca ron said:
great, looks like you picked up a tenth, and 1 mph 0r so correct?

Actually, .13 and 3 mph better than my previous personal best, but .20 and 3 mph from what I ran last week under almost identical conditions. Only change was the VB.

Now for the C&L upper...............................

Bird

Last edited:

Bird

Established Member
'You'll only get my LVL-10 VB when you pry it from my cold, dead fingers........."

My previous best time (12.647@107) was with the factory VB and in July of last year I switched to another VB, but after that, with no other changes, my times slowed. On the dyno, it seemed that something was lugging the motor at lower rpm's and logging pressures showed the line pressures not dropping after the shifts. We suspected the VB may have a problem and I was getting ready to go back to the stocker to verify when boca offered this one up. Ran several times last week to get my baseline, swapped out the VB this past weekend and then ran again last night to verify. The only difference in track conditions was a little more humidity last night, but otherwise everything else was pretty much the same.

Bird

Last edited:

HalfTime

Race it how you drive it.
Established Member
Sweet!!! With that improvment, that will put me into the 12s!!! I can't wait Ron n Bruce!!!!

bmfgsxr

Established Member
what other mods do you have done? and what is the lvl valve body? who makes it, and is it more expensive than the ftvb? how about longevity, anyone have any hard evidence? thanks

HalfTime

Race it how you drive it.
Established Member
It is made by LevelTen. It is bout the same price, a bit more maybe. From what I here... give you bit more then a tenth and about 3mph in the quarter mile. Boca Ron sweras by them. He has tryed them all.

bmfgsxr

Established Member
and what is it that makes it different from the others? just wondering as im looking into this mod myself.

Users who are viewing this thread