Update on Car being Painted After Vandalized

PunishR

Established Member
Well I just stopped by the local shop that is Painting my entire car with SIKKENS paint. I must say the car looks like it was made of Plexi-Glass. The paint and clear coat look amazing....not a trace of "Orange-Peel". THis car looks better than when I took it off the showroom floor. I am happy that the entire car is getting painted. I have to thank the vandals for egging it 2 weeks ago. It is still in pieces but I can tell that when it comes back to life it is going to look great. Expecting delivery this Friday...just in time for the hunnys.

Nicky Pass

...boom goes the dynamite
Established Member
How bad did the car get egged....JEEZE, find who did it, then kill them.......slowly!

Rudy

Twin screwed
Established Member
how much for the paint job? did you claim it from the insurance co.

10thTerminator

Established Member
SIKKENS is good stuff, I painted my 90 with it about 8 years ago and it still looks like better than new.

vector

1st Whipple in the 10's
Established Member
I would like to have my car cleaned up just lightly sanded and recolored.

any ideas what something like this cost?

PunishR

Established Member
It was about $3,000 but because of the other insurance work that was being done I only had to "out-of-pocket" $1000 a top my deductible.

SlowSVT

Established Member
Punisher

Sounds like you are better then before with a somewhat lighter bank account. That paint job sounds sweet. With such a smooth finish I bet you will now be cleaning her with a Q-Tip and a toothbrush. I get a few spots on my silver SVT after washing and you can bearly see them, on a black car they will be screaming in your face 24/7

Dude, you can have a black Cobra or a girlfriend but you can't have both (too much maintanence). What's it gunna be?

I'll be in town this weekend. We hook'N up?

Users who are viewing this thread