update on 1/8th mile time (bolton mach1)

Slo65

o harro ^_^
Established Member
i know i posted them in the last thread

04 mach1 (dsg ftw!)

drop in k&n/silencer removed
bassani o/r x,spintech mufflers
4.10's
slp line lock
et streets

car's full weight aside from the spare/jack out, also granny shifting (cant afford to powershift :D )

went 8.05 with a 1.62 60', the thing that gets me is, i had like 4 other runs where i went 8.1's 60's were from 1.68-1.75 :shrug:

beats me.... i'm pretty happy with the times, but i'm kinda looking for launch advice... my 1/8th mile times are consistant but i'm looking to gain consistancy in the 60' department, any tips guys? i'm looking to go low-mid 1.6's on a regular basis

as far as the suspension goes it has b springs in the back and eibach drag springs in the front (one coil cut), sway bar still attached

Slo65

o harro ^_^
Established Member
i heard if you disconnect one side of the sway bar and ziptie it up it'll have the same effect as getting rid of it? i like the way my car drives, while it's not my daily i still like to take turns without too much bodyroll

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
Yeah, that's why I suggested disconnecting it. Just at the end links. This way it will allow the front of the car to lift more. Then you can reconnect it after the track. The sway bar on these cars is pretty light as it is. I went ahead and removed mine since I'm more into the straight line stuff anyway. Plus my car is so low it still handles decent enough for normal driving. If I leave it on I'm to tempted to haul ass through corners. This way kinda keeps me from raisin hell.

Slo65

o harro ^_^
Established Member
yea, the 1/4 track somewhat around here usually provides ZERO prep for street legal days, plus 2+ hour waits inbetween runs, it sucks... thats why i never go

Angus

Established Member
Slo65 said:
i know i posted them in the last thread

04 mach1 (dsg ftw!)

drop in k&n/silencer removed
bassani o/r x,spintech mufflers
4.10's
slp line lock
et streets

car's full weight aside from the spare/jack out, also granny shifting (cant afford to powershift :D )

went 8.05 with a 1.62 60', the thing that gets me is, i had like 4 other runs where i went 8.1's 60's were from 1.68-1.75 :shrug:

beats me.... i'm pretty happy with the times, but i'm kinda looking for launch advice... my 1/8th mile times are consistant but i'm looking to gain consistancy in the 60' department, any tips guys? i'm looking to go low-mid 1.6's on a regular basis

as far as the suspension goes it has b springs in the back and eibach drag springs in the front (one coil cut), sway bar still attached

Not too shabby! :thumbsup:

As far as getting more consistent/lower times go, here's a few things you can do if you aren't already:

As already mentioned, either disconnect the front sway bar end-links or remove the sway bar entirely at the track (it's only 8 bolts).
Removing the front bar (vs disconnecting it) gives the added advantage of 20+ lbs of front-end weight savings, which improves weight transfer even further.

Air-up the front tires to 42 lbs or so at the track.
This decreases rolling resistance due to the shape of the tire when over-inflated.

Get a two-step or at the very least an accurate tach and/or shift light.
Leaving at the same rpm every time allows you to be more consistent, focus on other changes (like rear tire pressure adjustments), and also to try varying your launch rpm in a controlled/repeatable manner.

Stage as shallow as possible & don't deep-stage.
This allows you to have a small amount of momentum before your run technically begins & can improve 60', 330' & 1/8th ET/MPH slightly.

Last - but not least ....

Practice, practice, practice....

Good luck! :burnout:

Last edited by a moderator:

Wishing4Cobra

Established Member
Damn nice to see you get into the 8.1's sean, i didnt even know you guys went last week. I need to get some tires and practice my times. Im thinking about fontana this sat man, but well see. I havent had the chance to go to the dale lately.

Slo65

o harro ^_^
Established Member
Angus66 said:
Not too shabby! :thumbsup:

As far as getting more consistent/lower times go, here's a few things you can do if you aren't already:

As already mentioned, either disconnect the front sway bar end-links or remove the sway bar entirely at the track (it's only 8 bolts).
Removing the front bar (vs disconnecting it) gives the added advantage of 20+ lbs of front-end weight savings, which improves weight transfer even further.

Air-up the front tires to 42 lbs or so at the track.
This decreases rolling resistance due to the shape of the tire when over-inflated.

Get a two-step or at the very least an accurate tach and/or shift light.
Leaving at the same rpm every time allows you to be more consistent, focus on other changes (like rear tire pressure adjustments), and also to try varying your launch rpm in a controlled/repeatable manner.

Stage as shallow as possible & don't deep-stage.
This allows you to have a small amount of momentum before your run technically begins & can improve 60', 330' & 1/8th ET/MPH slightly.

Last - but not least ....

Practice, practice, practice....

Good luck! :burnout:

thanks man, i appreciate some advice from a seasoned mach1 racer like yourself :pepper:

*update* 12/07/06

swaybar is off, lets see how she does tonight

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread