Update: Engine whine..fixed.

rmgtc01

Established Member
Well, I have searched through many posts on here and seen complaints of whines. Some from transmissions, belts, and pulleys. I even started my own when mine started to do it.
So last night I got fed up with it. I have had this whine for over a month, kinda sounded cool at first but progressivley got louder and more annoying.

Today I went down to Delray Lincoln Mercury, who has the best service in south florida by the way, which I was referred to by Ed Zerbe of the south fl. SVTOA.
Anywho, they were swamped but agreed to listen to it. When they did they realized it was a pulley and agreed to do it for me quickly. Even though everybody and their mom was in there to get something done before the holiday season, I was in and out within 2 hours! :pepper:
Thanks to Richard and Keith.

Long story short, for those of you with unexplainable whines from the engine that are not belt problems, get your pulleys checked.
They replaced the pulley right below the s/c pulley, and poof, the noise is gone. The mechanic said it was common for South florida or anyplace near a beach due to salt and corrosion wearing on the bearings or something faster under normal to aggresive driving. But the pulleys are not the greatest quality and can produce a whine on 03-04 cobras. So FYI for those of you with the "whine". This may be the problem.

:read:

Users who are viewing this thread