UPDATE Bama tunes vid/graph, CHRIS PLEASE READ**

Fordman9870

Proud Dad of Twin Marines
Established Member
I originally started to follow MoKo's thread here:
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/engine-tuning-214/788177-am-bama-tunes.html

And later made my own thread, with promises to report back with a dyno sheet.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/engine-tuning-214/788296-bama-tunes-rescue-very-long.html

This past weekend at the Route 66 Mother Road festival in downtown Springfield there was a dyno. So I ran it, and below are the results from Bama tunes 93 oct tune. NUMBERS I thought looked great.
My previous tune by a certain gang in Clinton IL. gave me a best of 453hp and 491 tq.
But this tune was horrible and made drivabilty bad (bucking, dying, erratic idle etc.) I knew I would probably be down a few hp but was more concerned with drivability. My final numbers were 440 and 473 with the 93 tune. BUT the guy doing the dyno thought that I had a brake dragging or something. As you can see in the video at the 1.28 mark he lets off the gas and the car almost stops. It shouldn't have. It should have kept the rollers running at idle. After the pulls he got out and felt the right rear rotor which was a little warm and pointed out some bluing and said to get my parking brake checked as it may be dragging. (I hope its that simple) He said it probably robbed me of 10 hp +/-.

Here is the video:
th_MyDynoruns.jpg

And graph:
04dyno.jpg

As far as I can see from my novice stand point, graph looks good. After I get the drag issue resolved my numbers should be about the same as the original ones, but with way better drivability.

CHRIS... everything look OK? need any changes? How much timing do I have in the 93 tune?

AMChrisRose

Numbers look great! Nice conservative air/fuel ratio - 11.5-11.7 it looks like. Timing all depends on your intake air temp, engine coolant temp and engine load (which depends on boost level), but at WOT on premium fuel - you could see as much 19-22 degrees of timing, or as little as 17-19, all depending on what pulley you have, what octane fuel you had us tune for and what temperature.

We can always datalog and get an exact spark curve. Let me know, it's simple - just need a laptop and USB cable!

Fordman9870

Proud Dad of Twin Marines
Established Member
Thanks, I will keep that in mind to data log. Besides a laptop and cable i would need an open stretch of copless road correct? haha

Users who are viewing this thread