Upcoming PR event in Berkeley/Oakland area

03LGCOBRA

Established Member
So my dad picked me up today and was telling me that Ford wants to do a PR event for the new Gt500 and asked the nor-cal shelby club if any of its members would bring their 67-68 GT500s up and have them on display next to the 07s. If this event does happen I think my dad is going to take the KR up. The problem is getting the Shelby up there. It's a long drive in an old car. I am not sure if the event is really going to happen or not. Just heard it from my dad who heard it through the Shelby club. Just thought I would share. I hope, if this thing does happen, that Ford will at least let the Shelby owner who brought their cars up sit in and get close to the 07s. If it does happen and we can get close to the cars, and if i can go, then i will try to get some close up pic. We will see.

crazyhorse06

Established Member
Detroit is planning an event like that this summer. I think it is called the downriver cruise. One of the guys asked me to contact a friend of mine that has a '69 GT350. Unfortunately, he just sold it.

mrGT

Established Member
crazyhorse06 said:
Detroit is planning an event like that this summer. I think it is called the downriver cruise. One of the guys asked me to contact a friend of mine that has a '69 GT350. Unfortunately, he just sold it.
I sure hope he doesn't live to regret that! It's really sad when you have to sell a classic.

Krazy4u2

Established Member
I agree, I could never sell my classics ( unless times got that hard ) tarp it, build another garage, store it some how , but try to hold on to a great legacy.

crazyhorse06

Established Member
He said he just didn't have time to enjoy it anymore. Go figure?

He is a radiologist and works a lot of hours, but, I'd still keep it.

He also has Comm. Ed. 2004 Z06.

Route66

Established Member
klingonford said:
Crazyhorse, any idea when TMS is back??

I second that. I try to scour around to some of the other sites. I can't find any that compare to Brads. Hopefully this weekend it will be up.

Here's the scoop on our dealership selling the GT500. Sales reps are calling all there potential buyers to see if they want to be in lottery. Three names will be pulled. If you are pulled, you must be preapproved and deposit $2,500. No MSRP of course is known, and you won't even know $$$ over MSRP if you name is drawn. Those three people chose all options and get to order. When car arrives, customer must pay MSRP + ADM (what ever cars are selling for). Could be $10,000 $20,000 or $40,000 over MSRP. Who knows. If you pull out, you loose the $2,500.

And on a side note, my dealer told me of one of the buyers that wants the Shelby. I can't say his name since he asked me not to. Let's just say it's a huge, huge, huge nationaly known liberal. Graduation present for his kid that's graduating from Princeton. Can you say HYPOCRITE.... Once again, it's ok for the elite to drive what they want, but for us, we are suppose to drive 4 cylinder, knees to the chest, Hybrids.

Last edited:

crazyhorse06

Established Member
klingonford said:
Crazyhorse, any idea when TMS is back??
I sent Brad an email about a week ago. He has not responded (may not have gotten it if his email is on the same server.

Earlier the error message said by the 16th. Well, that didn't happen.

Users who are viewing this thread