unreliable...

GT_Jim

Established Member
Out of all the sites I visit regularly, this is by far the most unreliable of them all. One minute it works beautiful and the next you get no response at all. Hell, I will read a post and then when I go to reply its like the site doesn't even exist, my browser pops up a box saying that "host could not be found". WTF??? Anybody else have these problems?

GT_Jim

Established Member
I didn't count a hundred...:loser:
:idea: if you can't contribute then don't.
I guess you can't fix stupid...:poke:

Have a nice day :beer:

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
there are times this site really pisses me off. I've even offered to contribute some $ towards the server or whatever needs fixed and didn't even get a reply.

matchb0x

I'm a grown ass man!
Established Member
Back in the states aka 'the land of liberals'
Glad you said something about it cuz i had been meaning too for some time now. I'll visit here and sometimes the page will pop up instantly like it should, i have high speed cable internet, and other times it like im on dial up and it'll take 5 mins (literally) for a page to come up and forget trying to use the search button during this (search nazis plz die). It happens at all times of the day on any given day and this is the only website that does it to me that i visit. I think svtperformance needs a new tune.

66speed

Ya dun goofed
Established Member
GT_Jim said:
I didn't count a hundred...:loser:
:idea: if you can't contribute then don't.
I guess you can't fix stupid...:poke:

Have a nice day :beer:

Are you contributing? No. Sorry. You are only MAKING IT WORSE by bitching about it and starting ANOTHER thread about it. Good job scooter.

You're right. You can fix stupid. Looks like you are S.O.L then..

lizardbreath

Banned
Servers suck but it isn't my site so I am not going to complain about.

Thanks for running this site for others SID (I think that is your name)

harry gilbert

Diehard Ford Fan
Established Member
Geez, guys, it's a free site, and you have no patience to wait a bit every now and then? Why don't YOU buy a server, pay to host a site, and volunteer your time to maintain it? I think Sid and the moderators do a pretty good job, all things considered.

Juruense

Banned
They will probably upgrade the hosting eventually... Its a popular site, sometimes it gets lagged I just deal with it :shrug:

Matts00GT

Mongoloid Mike
Established Member
The problem is that theres not enough sponsors/vendors.

There's probably over 100 on ls1tech.com and that site is never slow.

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
harry gilbert said:
Geez, guys, it's a free site, and you have no patience to wait a bit every now and then? Why don't YOU buy a server, pay to host a site, and volunteer your time to maintain it? I think Sid and the moderators do a pretty good job, all things considered.

TrueBlueGT said:
--snip--I've even offered to contribute some $ towards the server or whatever needs fixed and didn't even get a reply.

hmmm......

GHIG RTR

Banned
They ought to it set up to where you have to register on the site in order to see a section/thread. That fixed the trouble on another site, I visit quite frequently. Sometimes there was double the amount of vistors compared to users.

Users who are viewing this thread