Unreasonable noise City

Colt .45

Established Member
So that is what my court summons reads.

Everyone on my street with dogs received the same letter today.

I have been at this location for 5+ years with the same dog (bulldog terrier) and have never had a problem before. I keep her inside at night as well. She doesn't even bark that often.

Is there anything that I need to do to prepare for this?

Colt .45

Established Member
Found this in the city ordinances...

Sec. 18-117. - Noise by dogs.

It shall be unlawful for any person to keep or harbor any dog that makes frequent or long-continued noise that is disturbing to persons in the neighborhood who have normal nervous sensibilities.

So does this mean I have no chance since someone is complaining?

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
is this an HOA letter, a warning or did an officer actually issue a summons/citation/NTA??

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
Ok, but is there a court date? or is the PD just reminding everyone of the ordinance because of complaints?

CWCobra

Established Member
Perhaps it would be wise to show up to your hearing armed with affidavits from your neighbors attesting to the fact that your assertions about your dog are indeed true: it rarely barks, and lives indoors at night. (The neighbor who refuses to sign is likely the complainant.)

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
egg and TP everyone's house with no dog. What you just displayed is pretty vague. I always thought there had to be a complaint filed by someone in order to have a noise violation. Good luck with that one.

jshen

Established Member
If you are at work and dog is outside- how can you account for whether or not it is a barking nuisance. My neighbors here have that mindset- letting dog out during day and the dogs bark all day long. That's pretty upsetting for old folks or those that work at night. IF officer came out and witnessed barking, you may be in for a fine. If you get to court and want a lawyer- ask for a continuance to obtain one.

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
If you are at work and dog is outside- how can you account for whether or not it is a barking nuisance. My neighbors here have that mindset- letting dog out during day and the dogs bark all day long. That's pretty upsetting for old folks or those that work at night. IF officer came out and witnessed barking, you may be in for a fine. If you get to court and want a lawyer- ask for a continuance to obtain one.

This.

You said your dog rarely barks. How often is rarely? Often enough for someone to complain obviously. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread