unordinary car not starting issue

96Cobracomander

Established Member
Okay so i drove the car all day yesterday no issues what so ever... go to start it today and bothing happens literaly

Everything works fine, radio windows A/C ect, except when i press the clutch down and turn the key to start the motor nothing happens and the theft light just flashes alot... thats while im holding the key to the igntion spot...

Any guesses? ive heard of the PATS thing but like i said this is something that like nothing changed on the car from the last time driven.

crazycarlo

Established Member
Neutral safety switch maybe? If the pats had been activated the car would still turn over just not start.

96Cobracomander

Established Member
okay so i crawled under dash board, found the nuetral safety switch, and there are 2 harness's that plug into it, i put a jumper on the one with the grey plastic terminal on it and the car started fine (bypassed switch) i used a 10amp fuse to jump it, srtarted teh car a few times and it was great, so i went out to a bar, and when i left the car did the same thing, so i crawled under dash board again looked at teh fuse i used for a jumper and it wasn't burnt out or antthing, so i just push started teh car, so now im wondering what the hell is going on.

96Cobracomander

Established Member
Okay i Jacked the car up and smacked the crap out of the starter a bit, and walla she starts right up, so ive come to the conclusion my starter has 1 foot out the door and will be exiting soon enough....

What kind of Mini Starters out there come highly regarded? I want to order one when i get home from work today

Users who are viewing this thread