Unmolested SVT Focus Soon to be Available

mhemsley

Established Member
I got the VIN for my Focus ST yesterday and apparently will hear about the delivery week tomorrow some time. So, I will soon be officially offering my 2002 SVT Focus for sale. I really hate selling Reba (she's red), but I will just have too many vehicles once the ST arrives. Sure hope I like the ST as much as I have Reba. This car always makes me smile.

Reba is a unmolested 2002 - completely stock except for the radio, which I replaced with a single CD unit years ago. She has 117,000 miles (lots of interstate miles in that 117,000) and is up do date on all servicing. Things I know are not up to par are:

-- the windshield (only one chip, but it looks like it has been sand blasted - lots of little nicks that are annoying when the sun shines through the windshield)

-- bushings (she rattles when on rough roads)

-- possibly a throw-out bearing (a shop where I had tires rotated claims it's going, but I don't hear it)

-- Raptor tires are relatively new but are cupped (bad front alignment caused it, and the alignment has been fixed)

-- driver's seat heater doesn't work, although that's not much of a problem where I live (Mississippi Coast)

-- hatch release button only works occasionally

-- the hood and spoiler have numerous paint chips

The car has never been in an accident and only has one door ding, administered by my son-in-law's mother when wind caught the door of the car she was in. She has a sunroof and cold weather package - actually it was fully loaded when I bought her new in November 2002.

I am retired Army (Engineer) and learned about keeping good vehicle records, so I have a complete file on everything that has ever been done on the car, as well as a log book I keep in the car.

I've looked at KBB values, so I have an idea what she's worth. I will take detailed photos if anyone is interested. Once the ST is here, I'll be posting her on cars.com and other sites, but I'd rather sell her to some one who already knows how great these cars are and avoid all the people who want to send me money orders for more than the asking price or want to help me sell the car - what a pain.

So, if this sounds like a car you'd be interested in learning more about, let me know. My email address is [email protected].

Cheers,

Mike

mhemsley

Established Member
Sold!

Reba is gone to a new home in Pensacola.

Now, if Ford will just get my ST to me - it's about to be 3 weeks overdue.

Thanks for the interest in my SVT Focus - she treated me well. I hope the ST treats me as well.

Mike

funtruck

I Hate Mustangs
Established Member
Yup, got a great deal.

IMG_7168_zps51baf3ae.gif

Users who are viewing this thread