Unlocked SCT X3 3000 for $260 shipped

Franchi

Established Member
Got two, used, unlocked SCT X3 3000 tuners for sale, $260 shipped each. Unlocked 100% as you can see from pic and updated to latest firmware from SCT, can hold up to ten custom tunes each. Comes with USB cord to connect to your PC. Works on any Mustang from 96 to 13.

Hit me up with any questions, thanks!

photo2_zps0390877a.jpg

photo_zpsee8267d9.jpg

photo1_zpsbbf8574f.jpg

Notsoslowbowtie

Established Member
Damn damn damn! I need this! And a trans rebuild... Hmmmmm decision decisions. If another deal I'm working on falls through. I will be getting one of these.

Last edited:

terminator1

Established Member
what does unlocked mean exactly, and this will work on my 04 cobra correct. sorry if these are dumb questions, just want to understand cause i need one, thanks.

Franchi

Established Member
Way that SCT tuners work is once you use it to tune a vehicle, it becomes VIN locked to that car so you cant say buy a tuner, tune your car, and then your buddies car. While it's vin locked, it will only work for the car it's vin locked too. You can unlock it easily by restoring the OEM Ford tune back to the car ( which the SCT tuner will autosave the first time you use it on the vehicle ) and once the OEM tune is loaded back on the car, that unlocks the SCT tuner so can be used again on another vehicle and that can be done on up to a max of 5 times.

That's why you have to be careful if buying a used tuner as if it's vin locked, it wont work for you at all until unlocked by SCT who charges $150 to do so.

And the X3 3000 is a custom tune only type device as well so yes it will work on your car but you also need your own custom tune. The X3 3000 is HOW a tune is uploaded, how well the vehicle runs is dependant on who WRITES your tune if that makes sense.

Trust that clarifies for ya. :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread