Unleashed Tuning for the Maverick Ecoboost

TORQUERULES

Established Member
I have worked with Torrie at Unleashed extensively on perfecting a tune for my Ranger, so I knew what I wanted for the Maverick. I have 93 Performance, 91 Performance, and 87 Performance tunes. As many of you know, Tow mode shifting is perfect on Ford's trucks and SUVs in that it keeps them in the sweet spot of RPM/Torque, but often the engine braking can be a bit much. I had Torrie translate everything from Tow mode except the excessive engine braking to Normal mode and it is amazing. It never drops below 2000rpm, so no lugging which can use excessive fuel and is bad for the engine in that it could exacerbate the possibility of LSPI, and shifting is more firm, quicker, and it downshifts when it needs to without you having to force it. I also had him ass Sport mode throttle response tables to the other modes as well. Unleashed tuning has been working with the Ecoboost 4cyl since the Focus ST days and it shows. Fantastic power, but without sacrificing drivability and smoothness which a lot of other tuners seem to forget about. They shoot for big WOT numbers, but drivability is shit. Not with Unleashed. If you have a Maverick and would like to try these tunes, just ask Torrie for the tunes he made for @TORQUERULES. He did this for a lot of guys on the Ranger forum I was on.

Users who are viewing this thread