unknown leak

The Beast 2014

Established Member
Take a look at he photo. This is right behind the AC compressor. It looks like grease or oil but the oil level is normal. This just started when driving home today, normal driving. I can't tell what it is no check engine light unknown leak.jpg. I am debating cutting the AC belt to see if it stops.

Thoughts

The Beast 2014

Established Member
It smells like grease to me. I was under the car and didn't see any oil leaks from the heads but did notice a lot of grease around the AC pulley.

The Beast 2014

Established Member
So after going under the car there is a lot of oil or grease around the AC pulley ad it looks like it is spraying as the pulley spins. I am convincing myself here lol. Car only has 24k miles on it so I am going to take it in and see if Ford will cover it under warranty.

nyuk98GT

Established Member
The Beast 2014,

I'd leave the residue on there so the Ford tech could see it but you could wipe the area down with brake cleaner (or any degreaser of your choice) and then look for new tracks. I agree that it looks like A/C compressor spray with some belt dust for good measure.

Please post up an update. Enquiring minds want to know.

Chris

The Beast 2014

Established Member
Dealer confirmed it is the ac compressor. Waiting to see if they will cover it due to all the mods on the car. If not I know how I am spending 4th of july.

jp1seattle

Established Member
What dealer are you using? I've read on other forums about the AC compressor failing pretty early. Glad we live in a mild climate.

The Beast 2014

Established Member
I use the same dealer I bought the car from, Sound Ford in Renton. They also do all the normal maintenance on the car. I speak with the Service Manager every time I bring the car in because they love what I have done with it. Yesterday he asked me if I had done any mods to the AC Compressor and of course the answer was no, because I haven't. Hopefully he will be cool about the whole thing.

I have actually heard of them failing as well which is why I looked at it when I got the car up on stands. If they won't replace it I will have them cut the AC belt so I can drive it and then I will do it myself. It doesn't look too bad to replace, probably a few hours.

The Beast 2014

Established Member
Sounds like Sound Ford will cover the AC. Those guys are by far the best dealer I have dealt with in my life. All the way from the guy I bought the car from to the service department. Now I can spend my weekend working on my suspension rather than the AC lol.

Users who are viewing this thread