University of Florida

Dekorum

Established Member
Does anybody here go to UF? I just got accepted. Today was the decision release date. How is the parking up there? I am debating whether to bring my Cobra or not.

sseater

Established Member
parking is alright.. i dont go there but im up there all the time cuz im going to santa fe. traffic isnt that great either.. if you want my opinion, leave your cobra at home, keep the miles off it, keep drunk students off it as well while your sleeping, buy a cheap little pickup and have fun with that.

Dekorum

Established Member
The thing is that I don't have a garage, nor a house. I have (in my sig) only a parking lot in front of my apartment and I use a guest spot which can't be reserved for a long period of time. I may have to sell it if I can't bring it up. I don't think my parents will let me insure two cars even if the other one is cheap.

Dekorum

Established Member
I didn't try searching cause I took it for granted that no body asked about something as obscure as the parking at UF, no offense.
Thanks for not moving the thread yet until some other people with SNs have time to respond.

Last edited by a moderator:

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
I didn't try searching cause I took it for granted that no body asked about something as obscure as the parking at UF, no offense.
Thanks for not moving the thread yet until some other people with SNs have time to respond.

BTW, that isn't a search, that is the Florida section in "A taste of home" forum.

Not trying to be a a** here but have you ever been in there?

I've gotten directions and stuff for Florida in there before.

BTW, I didn't edit your post, I got to get used to the extra button by the Quote button. lol

Last edited:

Dekorum

Established Member
No I have not previously been there. Sorry for calling it a search without taking closer note. But anyway, I couldn't find anything in there. Thanks though.
Its okay, I didn't even look at my old post until you just said something. Heh.

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
First off, congrats on getting in to UF. Second, just bring your car. It isn't anything like people say. There aren't drunk frat guys keying and throwing up on cars everywhere.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
First off, congrats on getting in to UF. Second, just bring your car. It isn't anything like people say. There aren't drunk frat guys keying and throwing up on cars everywhere.

True. Its got a decent car scene too. Its a great town really. Its busy but nothing like Miami.

themadgnome

I don't talk stock
Established Member
I'm a junior at UF, so hopefully I can answer a few ?'s. Where are you staying? On or off campus? As far as parking, you will most likely be parking in the "park-n-ride" the first year which is pretty far from campus. Parking there is okay except around the prime time (10-11). Fortunately there is a bus every 6mins from the lot to campus.
I left my L at home and I'm really glad (sometimes) because my beater has received it's fair share of mystery scratches/scuffs thanks to the usual crappy campus drivers.
Good job getting accepted and just wait till football season next year!!:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread