United We Stand, Divided We Fall

VettTheRipper

Big Honkin' Diesel
Established Member
With the election behind us I can’t help wonder what we have accomplished. I’m almost ashamed to admit that for the first time, I really paid close attention to the politics of our nation. If there is one common thread between the left and right, it’s the firm belief that this was the most important election of our lifetimes. My concern is that most Americans can’t quite comprehend why. In these uncertain times, there are 2 sides to every issue and if you look close enough and open your mind, the differences between them in most cases aren’t as significant as the spin doctors would have us believe. I’ll go so far as to say that both camps ideas have merit and could most likely work without compromise.

How you ask? It’s simple. Our future, and the future of the free world, does not depend on the outcome of the Iraq war. It does not depend on the success in the war against terrorism. It does not depend on whether or not everyone has healthcare or the price of oil, and most importantly, it does NOT depend on who sits in the Oval Office or represents us in the Senate. What is this one thing?

Unity.

When we’re unified......
When we speak as one voice, think as one mind, and see with one vision, we will unify the world, defeat terrorism, end poverty and hunger, and find creative solutions to all of our domestic problems. It’s our choice. It’s ours to win or lose.

OK, so it may be a bit of a pipe dream but I can fantasize.

Mo Boost

Sunshine on the Darkside
Established Member
The President has said the same thing as what you wrote in the closing sentences of your post.

Too bad the Kerry supporters didn't pick up on that .... but some people don't hear so well.

sharkbite

Filthy
Established Member
airforcehorn-vi.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread