Unique Bumper???

brian3724

Established Member
I know that the rear bumpers on 93 Cobras goes up at an angle, unlike the GTs, but I have noticed that it appears (unless I'm seeing things) that the front bumper also goes up at an angle, though not as much as the rear. Is this unique to the 93 Cobras as well? Thanks!

brian3724

Established Member
I swear that when you look at the Cobra from the side the front bumper is at an angle similar to the rear, just not as much.

slyman

Established Member
There is nothing unique about the front bumpers other than the sides where as the GT's uses the "air" scoop. But the rear bumper are different though. Also on side note, the grill is different as well on the top portion right underlining the hood.

bat-stang

The REAL Dark Knight
Established Member
I think it looks like that cause your (soon to be adopted) car needs lowering. ;)

Last edited:

brian3724

Established Member
Yeah, I was pretty sure that it was the same bumper as the GTs had. I just wanted to make sure that it was normal for the front bumper to go up at an angle like that, which I assume is normal.

brian3724

Established Member
I was just informed that some Cobra's have aftermarket bumpers that go up a more of an angle than the factory ones. I just want to make sure that the one that I'm buying is legit, and not an aftermarket. Any reassurances would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

slyman

Established Member
I was just informed that some Cobra's have aftermarket bumpers that go up a more of an angle than the factory ones. I just want to make sure that the one that I'm buying is legit, and not an aftermarket. Any reassurances would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Not true..they are an actual GT front bumper. It is the smooth sides that makes it look like going slanted higher than the GT with "air" scoops. but realistically, it is the actual same bumper. What aftermarket vendor you looking at?

Users who are viewing this thread