Unfortunate SN95 story

IA-SteveB

Established Member
So, my car had been in the shop for 7 weeks getting some work done. When I first brought it in, there was another SN95 there that had a problem with the engine knocking so they were sending the reman engine back to the manufacturer for a warranty claim. Through the whole seven weeks the car was still there and it was still sitting there when I picked mine up yesterday. I asked for the story on it and the guy just smiled. It turned out that the guy had purchased the car non-running back in June to flip and he bought a reman engine and put it in himself. When the car started knocking, he took it to the shop to have it diagnosed and it turned out there was metal in the engine. They pulled it and the company sent a warranty replacement. The replacement did the same thing, it ran for a while and after a drive it started knocking and died. Metal went through again. So, the owner of the car told the rest of the story. I guess the original blown engine had blown so bad that there was metal in the intake. He didn't know that and the shop didn't know. When he re-used it on the new engine, the metal broke loose and went through a perfectly good engine. When the replacement came back, the shop re-used the intake and lunched that engine as well. Now that the complete story is out there, the company is not going to honor the warranty on either engine and I don't blame them. So the plan to flip a car with a reman engine in early summer has turned into a still non-running car with two bad engines with voided warranties and a ton of labor. The guess was that there is 10k into a non-runner right now.

I didn't feel as bad after writing my check.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread