Unemployment Information

About2bite

SVTNProgress
Established Member
I'm looking for some good info about unemployment but can't seem to find much. I've never looked into it so I don't know much about it.

What's going on is that I have moved from AZ to IN and my job is not in Indiana so I had to find something new. Well there is nothing out here, and I was thinking about trying to collect unemployement until I find something. I don't think it's possible but wanted to see what the "rules" are with collecting it.

Anyone have any links or know much about it?

Thanks,

Josh

king nothing

Established Member
I believe you have to be fired or laid off to collect unemployment. relocation and "not being able to find a job" are not reasons to collect. Why on earth would you move from AZ to IN LOL. Id go the other way

Niks97cobra

Ready to Go!
Established Member
I'm pretty sure unemployment is regulated by each state. If you had a job that paid in Arizona, you could only collect in Arizona. I'm not 100% positive on this.

As for being fired, it depends on the reason. In SC, if you are laid off, you can collect unemployment almost as soon as you are laid off. There is a 1 week waiting period each year. I used to work somewhere that would lay us off quite regularly, and for each year we had to have 1 unpaid week before receiving benefits.

2k3gt

Established Member
Any reason as to why you moved to a place where you didn't have a job, didn't know if there were any jobs available, and now want to live off of the government til you can find one?

fiveohhhstang

Established Member
When you file they will contact your last employer and ask the reason for your termination. If the employer states that you quit voluntarily you will not be awarded benefits. You will also not collect benefits if you were fired for misconduct.

OCSnk

NowIESnk
Established Member
Where the jobs are

Where the jobs are - Pinal County, AZ (1) - Money Magazine

Especially now, plentiful job opportunities are key to making a great place to live. These 25 counties have experienced the most job growth over the last eight years. More

1. Pinal County, AZ OP You should move back to AZ
2. Rockwall County, TX
3. Kendall County, IL
4. Loudoun County, VA
5. Douglas County, CO
6. Fort Bend County, TX
7. Henry County, GA
8. Lake County, FL
9. Matanuska, AK
10. Union County, NC

Top 100 towns

These small towns have good jobs, great schools, affordable homes, low crime, and much more. More Where the jobs are - Pinal County, AZ (1) - Money Magazine

Jobless benefits: Your questions answered

http://money.cnn.com/2009/07/15/news/economy/unemployment_benefits_explained/index.htm

How many weeks do I get?

The duration of unemployment insurance varies by state. Here’s how many weeks are available where you live. More Unemployment benefits by state: How many weeks - CNNMoney.com

Good Read: • 4.4 million about to exhaust their benefits
650,000 will run out of all unemployment benefits by August - Jul. 17, 2009

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread