underdrive pulleys

BosettiStang

Established Member
Hey I have a 98 GT and I was wondering what the best underdrive pulley kit on the market was and if it was worth installing them in my car. Also I was wondering what is the best way to add cheap hours power to my car since I am on a tight budget. Thanks

Shawn98GT

Established Member
Rob,
I have Mac pullies on my 98GT. Alot of people suggest Steeda pullies. I haven't had any problems with the mac pullies though. You will notice alittle less rpm, and battery power, but that's with any underdrive pullies.

Also you could do a cold air kit, some people say it's not worth it, not a huge HP gain, but it does make alittle difference. Then there's the Steeda timing advancer, it'll give you some extra HP for around $200 I think.

Also exhaust work.

They main thing to do is the 99+ head & intake swap, but that is alittle costly. I haven't done that yet, but it's always a option, and you'll pick up the extra HP that the 99 up GT's have, over our's.

Also gear's these won't give you any HP, put they will change they way you're car acclerates.
Hope this helps you out some. :D

Shawn

Shawn98GT

Established Member
Yeah Rob, if you are ever going to go Supercharged, don't mess with underdrive pullies. Cant use them with a super charger.
Thanks Smoke I didn't even think to ask him. :D
Shawn

SVT X 2

I C U
Established Member
There are 2 styles available for the mod motors. The one you don't want is the piggy back style. Steeda's are a popular set.

Users who are viewing this thread