Underdog Racing Development (URD) o2 Simulator

5.0Thunder

Established Member
I've been researching rear o2 simulators for a different car and stumbled upon this company that supposedly came up with a rear o2 simulator (for toyotas) that works better/smarter than the typical capacitor/resistor MIL Elims we were used to on the 04 and older cars. I asked their tech and they believe they'd work for these ford cars but I wanted to see if anybody else has heard about them or have experience.

Linky
http://urdusa.com/store/Electronics-Rear-Sensor-Simulator/c66_170/index.html

The relevance is that if it works, it'd solve a lot of issues for people needing the o2's on for inspection but not wanting to install the stock H and tune every year,

jenkins_1120

Established Member
Tuners turn the rears off in the tune. As for the inspection there is still a visual they have to pass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5.0Thunder

Established Member
Tuners turn the rears off in the tune. As for the inspection there is still a visual they have to pass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When turned off in the tune (to eliminate the light), the monitors show "not ready" and they won't pass the obd inspection. I've never had a visual check done in an OBD inspection so it'd work for me and probably most others.

69b302

Established Member
I have not used the product you mention, but have heard of people using the 90 degree MILs, from big daddies garage, on our GT500s with success.

5.0Thunder

Established Member
I'm more skeptical of the non-foulers actually. lol

but I did find another company that makes a simulator..

http://www.symtechlabs.com/catalog/intelligent-oxygen-sensor-sim-dual-output-p-79.html

From all the research I've done, I don't know why these wouldn't work. The computer just needs to see a certain voltage activity from the rear o2's to think everything is okay. These "simulators" apparently give the ECU that activity with or without cats in place. This would enable us to remove cats, get a tune with the rear o2's turned ON, and still pass OBD2 inspection.

Users who are viewing this thread