underage drinking

mustangkid05

Established Member
anyone ever get one?, i got one the other night and i am hoping it does not affect me with the military....what happend when you got one?
thanks guys

nmarple254

Established Member
You mean getting into the military or you already are? If you mean for getting in you will be fine. If you are already in... get your uniform ready for your NJP.

ShortThrow50

Always buyin cheap tires
Established Member
You mean getting into the military or you already are? If you mean for getting in you will be fine. If you are already in... get your uniform ready for your NJP.

I dont think he is in yet becuase if i remember correctly from when i was in, people that got in trouble with the law were usually just transported right to the base so the miltary can deal ith them. o answer your question, no it will not affect you getting into the miliatry. One infraction wont hurt and they usually let little crap like that slide

mustangkid05

Established Member
thanks guys, what happend i was at a party drinking some beers and the cops came, and only a few people were 21, so they breathalyzed sp? everyone and i got pinched lol

Grizzly Adams

Resident Hippie
Established Member
How does one possess an underage drinking?

Unless you mean DUI :D

Sounds like he got popped at a party, probably an MIP. Nothing major.

Just go let your recruiter know, as i'm assuming that you aren't enlisted already. You have to do a lot more than get caught drinking underage to not be allowed in the military. Seriously, the past 5 years, the list of disqualifications has gotten a whole lot smaller. Even if you do have something serious (i.e. drug use, arrests, convictions etc), as long as you can prove it was a one time thing or that it is behind you, most branches will accept you. The Army will seemingly take any body.

F1reStart3r

Flubolaids
Established Member
shit at this point i've had recruiters tell me that we are taking felons now. you are certainly in no danger of getting dq'd for service.

if you are in, you will almost certainly get njp. probably 30/30. if i recall that's what 3 of my Marines got.

in the future try to be more cognizant of your surroundings. your best bet would be not to do it in the first place but if you are going to, when things start to get loud pop smoke and fly.

Grizzly Adams

Resident Hippie
Established Member
That's no joke. Me ex's brother in law is a Marine recruiter and from what I remember, basically the only drug use that will get you DQ's is heroin or meth. Anything else they can chalk up to 'experimentation' as long as you can show that it is behind you. You have to have committed a serious and violent crime to get DQ'd for that too.

NoSlowGT

Make me a sandwhich bitch
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm lucky I've never been busted. The one thing I won't do though is drink and drive.

ShortThrow50

Always buyin cheap tires
Established Member
That's no joke. Me ex's brother in law is a Marine recruiter and from what I remember, basically the only drug use that will get you DQ's is heroin or meth. Anything else they can chalk up to 'experimentation' as long as you can show that it is behind you. You have to have committed a serious and violent crime to get DQ'd for that too.

i was tested positive for weed at meps and thats exactly what they wrote down, "experimentation". im serious too

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread