under drive pullies and belt slips

shelbycobra

Established Member
hey friends on my 96 cobra i have underdrive pullies and i am using the goodyear gatorback serpentine belt but i have belt dust all over my alternator and other things under my car is this due to the type of belt and does this happen with all belts please comment

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
I had underdrive pulleys many years ago. No belt slippage or dust. Just charging issues.

shurur

Established Member
I had slip on wife's G35 with the gator belt. I would dump that gator belt.

Get a Continental or O'Reilly brand.

Also get a overdrive alternator pulley (49mm/2") to keep the alt spinning oem speed. You will need to measure the belt length needed.

Last edited:

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
i dont think i would spend money to swap under drive pulleys for the whole 2-3 hp they net you.

Id clean it all up, put a new belt on and check the tensioner while you're at it

shurur

Established Member
The gains from a UDP set show more around the 6k+ rpm range. They extend the hp band.

This is where many dynos/tuners start to pull back because they think the show is over.

boost88

Established Member
did you like the March performance set i am thinking of switching to the steedas but not sure yet
I personally like them. I haven't gotten a PS pulley yet but I plan to. I don't have any issues with charging or anything also. It's been recommended to use the 1 piece dampeners. If you stay under 7k either the March or steeda is fine

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread