under drive pulleys and blower

HDFBLO

Established Member
Hey guys I just get me a used vortech Ill be installing it this weekend,anyone know if i have to change my stock pulleys back for the blower or everything gonna work ok with the aftermarket once.
thanks

Mystic-SVT

snuggle fest, mmmmm!
Established Member
You will most likely have to change at least the waterpump pulley back to stock. I installed a procharger on my friends 01 bullitt and had to swap out his factory underdrive waterpump pulley for a stock size pulley.

Mystic-SVT

snuggle fest, mmmmm!
Established Member
Most likely yes, I would just change back to the original pulleys...not like you're going to miss the whopping 3-4hp they gave you in n/a trim.

HDFBLO

Established Member
no is not the 3-4 hp that crank pulley I am not sure if i know how to properly install, and do i need a new crank bolt or i can reuse the old one?

Mystic-SVT

snuggle fest, mmmmm!
Established Member
depends on what pulleys you have (piggyback, steeda, march) but you most likely will need to get a stock crank pulley bolt. Local ford dealer should have them in stock...go to auto zone and rent a pulley puller, not very difficult or time consuming. Just make sure when you thread in the puller on the crank that you thread it in as far as you can get it by hand. If you only grad the first 3-4 threads you will most likely end up pulling the threads out of the crank and ruining it.

Users who are viewing this thread