Under Armour Coldgear

montecarlo01ss

Established Member
anyone with experience with it? i hate wearing winter jackets, would like to just wear those with like a sweatshirt outside in the winter.

lloyyd

Cobra-less again
Established Member
I have a long sleeve shirt I play golf in. I wasn't that impressed with it. When the wind hits you it seems to multiply the cold. It's good under another long sleeve shirt but that kinda defeats the purpose when you could just buy a long underwear shirt for $5 & wear it.

On a side note, Under Armour Boxer Jocks are the best things ever.

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
i wear the cold gear pants under my normal pants every day now because im a bitch when it comes to cold weather, i like it.

As far as no coat...i wear a t shirt, hoodie and then a columbia winter jacket, good luck just wearing a shirt.

Military is gona put a ban on it because it melts to your skin, and burns the **** out of soldiers, has a real low flash point, so don`t wear it around fire. other then that works great.

Jack32v

Slow Lane..
Established Member
I wear it in ND and they work great, I have about four or five pairs (tops and bottoms) I like them a lot more than normal long john type underwear. I wear them and just long pants and a shirt and a light jacket and I am good until it get around -20. After that I bust out the jacket and gloves. My only complaint is the price .... $$$$

ju015dd

64 valves
Established Member
Military is gona put a ban on it because it melts to your skin, and burns the **** out of soldiers, has a real low flash point, so don`t wear it around fire. other then that works great.

pretty sure under armor sells some stuff that is also flame retardant now

pretty sure under armor sells some stuff that is also flame retardant now

not yet this is thier warning on there site for the tactical UA

Warning! This product is not flame-retardant, never use this Under Armour product as a substitute for flame-retardant or ballistic protective equipment; Do not wear it when exposed to extreme radiant heat or open flames; Under Armour products that are not flame-retardant may melt in extreme heat that exceeds 350°- Exposure of the skin to fire or flame can cause injury .

chrisheltra

Established Member
Exactly. I wear the short sleeve ones instead of tee shirts as they control heat and wick away perspiration which tends to cool as well.

+1 wore the short sleeve ones in NYC in -5 wind chill conditions last week in NYC and I never felt wet.

Holy shit FSF finally has agreed with me! LOL:beer:

99caddysts

Established Member
I wore the cold gear pants (tights) when running yesterday and they worked great.

EZMachN

Established Member
I have the Base 3.0 shirt and pants to use while hunting. It does not do good versus cold wind but goes great in cold conditions with lack of wind.

aaandht

Established Member
I do believe a new off brand just came out for half the price, but works just as good. I have to ask my uncle about the name of the company.

ju015dd

64 valves
Established Member
not yet this is thier warning on there site for the tactical UA

Warning! This product is not flame-retardant, never use this Under Armour product as a substitute for flame-retardant or ballistic protective equipment; Do not wear it when exposed to extreme radiant heat or open flames; Under Armour products that are not flame-retardant may melt in extreme heat that exceeds 350°- Exposure of the skin to fire or flame can cause injury .

Under Armour Fire Retardant Shortsleeve Tee

sprayedcobra

Established Member
i have the top and bottom and it works great. I use it during softball games in weather in the 30s. very strong also even with like 20 slides , not even a rip

Users who are viewing this thread