Umm, Yeah, So, About That Man Made Climate Change

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Too bad the publisher of the research paper isn't considered credible:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OMICS_Publishing_Group

Are you surprised regular publishers wouldn't have anything to do with upsetting the gravy train? It is being peer reviewed, be interesting to see what happens. For countries and states that have drunk the coolaid, they have a vested interest (our money) to ignore it.

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
Are you surprised regular publishers wouldn't have anything to do with upsetting the gravy train? It is being peer reviewed, be interesting to see what happens. For countries and states that have drunk the coolaid, they have a vested interest (our money) to ignore it.

That's a cynical approach to a published paper from a repeatedly discredited source.

It would make sense to take it with a large grain of salt and then allow it to be disproved/proved by the science community. Despite what many may think, scientists in a large quantity maintain better standards than your average politician or government official. They will speak out if it's true, fake, sideways, or purple.

scott9050

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
That's a cynical approach to a published paper from a repeatedly discredited source.

It would make sense to take it with a large grain of salt and then allow it to be disproved/proved by the science community. Despite what many may think, scientists in a large quantity maintain better standards than your average politician or government official. They will speak out if it's true, fake, sideways, or purple.

Follow the money.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
You're implying that any and every position is a lame duck that suckles at the tit of power and finances.

Might be true for a large majority of people, but not everyone.

It sounds like these guys did this study on the sly. Why? Because going against the flow is a good way to get fired/blacklisted and or ridiculed. Scientists have mortgages just like the rest of us. You are talking about billions with "B" dollars that is/has flowed to people doing the "right" kind of research. If you don't think institutions will protect that honey hole, you are pretty naive.

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
It sounds like these guys did this study on the sly. Why? Because going against the flow is a good way to get fired/blacklisted and or ridiculed. Scientists have mortgages just like the rest of us. You are talking about billions with "B" dollars that is/has flowed to people doing the "right" kind of research. If you don't think institutions will protect that honey hole, you are pretty naive.

Necessity is the mother of all invention.

I'm well aware of the desire of anyone including myself to protect my own interests. I vote in such a way that the company I work for enjoys good practical laws that allow us to continue to expand, my checks to get bigger, and my competition to dwindle. That's a given.

But what we are talking about is a community of passionate individuals who's main goal is to further the quality of life for mankind. Science is not a business by its entirety. It is more than that. To believe it's not a passion for many as much as it's a business is also naive. And this passion is what allows folks to push thru the financial barriers and declare challenging statements to the status quo.

Khan

BANNED STOCK BRAKE PADS GURU
Established Member
Thank God by the time its starts raining fire I will be dead. Future generations are screwed!

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Necessity is the mother of all invention.

I'm well aware of the desire of anyone including myself to protect my own interests. I vote in such a way that the company I work for enjoys good practical laws that allow us to continue to expand, my checks to get bigger, and my competition to dwindle. That's a given.

But what we are talking about is a community of passionate individuals who's main goal is to further the quality of life for mankind. Science is not a business by its entirety. It is more than that. To believe it's not a passion for many as much as it's a business is also naive. And this passion is what allows folks to push thru the financial barriers and declare challenging statements to the status quo.

The problem is that the people handing out the money and the institutions accepting that money don't give a rats ass about passion. How many grants do you think the Obama administration gave out to studies for contrary man made global warming? How many proposals even made it by the lefty university vetting committees?

It is good that you are wishing for a nicer world than what actually is, but if wishes were bitches, I'd have a harem!

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
It is good that you are wishing for a nicer world than what actually is, but if wishes were bitches, I'd have a harem!

I just have more faith in humanity than you do I suppose. People naturally adjust to serve their own narrative. But beyond that, honesty and integrity do exist. It just gets swamped in corruption and manipulation.

Bullitt1448

Established Member
At least now we know where Trump gets his climate information from.

Good thing he pulled the US out of that silly Paris Accord and aligned with Syria and Nicaragua.....

195 countries to 3, way to go!

Smart like stick

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
I for one do not believe most of these studies simply for the fact that hundreds of thousands of years ago most of North America was under a sheet of ice, and it melted. There was no man, no factories, no pollution, so how did it melt ???

Do I believe we contribute to some extent, yes absolutely, but not to the extent that Al gore and Obama would have us believe.

The planet goes thru heating and cooling cycles that take thousands of years to come full circle, and we are in a heating cycle right now, IMO.

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
man made climate change is a huge skid stain on the backsides of the scientific community. It is a shame how much politics and the economy influence scientific "peer reviewed" findings.

Any data that doesnt agree with the main stream dogma is quickly swept under the rug and/or manipulated before being published. Thats already been proven in some cases.

It has been known for quite some time that the earth goes through cooling/warming cycles every few thousand years. Most of which is directly attributed to solar activity, not tail pipe emissions.

Users who are viewing this thread