umi suspension>????

1997cobrasvt

Established Member
im looking around to get a set of upper and lower control arms...im pretty much set on steedas adj. upper and lowers...but i saw this company umi they look decent does anyone have any expirience with them?

http://stores.ebay.com/UMI-Performance-Inc_1979-2004-Ford-Mustang_W0QQfsubZ9

im pretty much dead set on the steedas liek i said before...but was curious to see if anyone has used them with sucesss???thanks guys.

SublimeRT

'94 Slooowbraa
Established Member
I've used UMI control arms before with good luck. They were very good pieces. Good welds and nice powder coating. They were nice people too.

scuzzdude2587

Established Member
I'm currently rocking the adjustables, with no problems. I like them, but I've never driven with anything but the stock pieces and the UMI's, so I can't really say if they're better than any other company's LCA. If you're really set on the Steeda's just get those, I can't imagine they are all that different

1997cobrasvt

Established Member
well i was looking at the umis cause the price and they look pretty good and ive heard good from them...but i just saw some pics up on another post of what happens to bad lowers...and i dont want to take that chance.
did you feel the difference in the umis versus the stockers??

Ciotti

See-ahh-tee
Established Member
When looking at off brand suspension parts, you typically won't feel or see the difference between them and a name brand piece until they break. If that happens off the line, you're usually fine though it can grenade and take some other parts with it. If it happens while crossing the tape, you're going to have issues, and for me it's worth the extra money to get the name brand pieces that have been proven to last under harder abuse than I can throw at them.

I have not heard of UMI pieces breaking so for all I know they could be the heat, but they remind me of Granatelli suspension pieces which are notorious for breaking.

I'll spend the extra money and go with MM and Steeda stuff every time.

1997cobrasvt

Established Member
yeahh very well said...was just curious to see if they were known and i didnt know about them. i will go with the steeda!thanks for the help guys.

scuzzdude2587

Established Member
It seems to me like those horrifying pictures in other threads are from people with slicks, and the poorly designed LCAs just snap with such a hard load on launch. I highly doubt anything like that would happen on a car without slicks, or some FAT dr's. Am I wrong?

Users who are viewing this thread