Ultimate Street 2011 GT Build Suggestions Wanted

98ss88mm

Established Member
So heres the deal: I know a guy looking at 2011 Mustang GT (trans not decided yet)

Wanting to build something that can be king of the street, take out some liter bikes (basic bolt on bikes obviously), run on 93 pump gas, and within a 20k ish budget. Suggestions? Thoughts? Obviously a built motor is in store, but which power adder? Im thinking a whipple with some real boost would be nasty!? But on the other hand a vortech with a little NX could stroll out?

The car would be a daily driven car... but with a large budget, what would you do? Turbo set ups are basically out IMO, just a hassle all around as far as im concerned. c6 z06 was considered as well but the mustang seems like a better DD.

Last edited:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Im assuming the 20k budget is without the car?

I would get the griggs gr40ss kit, then build the motor and throw a twin on and put it on a diet. 700+ rwhp in a 3500lb car would be a lot of fun!

hweb30

02 V6
Established Member
Sounds like you want an auto when u say you want to race and daily drive it. In addition to a built motor I don't know how stout the auto transmissions are, but I would add a centri upgrade rear, put it on a diet.

98ss88mm

Established Member
anyone got anymore specifics? Hes not going to want crazy suspension, just a highway roll racer. Such as what blower?

dynasty_365

Established Member
Base model gt 30k plus 20k for mods is 50,000 dollars. Dude could really wait and get the 2013 cobra in the spring with 650hp for what he is about to spend on a gt in my opinion

KenB

Established Member
Nothing is going to touch this setup in my opinion. We are just getting going with it and running on low boost currently. With a built engine over 1200 hp capable. Stock engine....as hard as you want to push it. lol

image.jpg

98ss88mm

Established Member
The TT kit has been thought about, but as I said seems like more of a hassle than a blower set up imo. So many other little things to mess with and what not, just not a fan myself. At least you dont have a low mount design that needs a scavenger pump though, thats a start/plus! Nothing hits like a turbo car if you got the funds!

The GT500 option, no. Car cost too much and would be SLOW compared to a built GT (z06 seems like a better platform for that money). Pondered over getting a Boss, but seems like a waste too. Paying for alot of things that arent wanted or needed. Not going for any type of collector car or status emblem or anything, just a car that brings the pain. As close to a drag car as possible would sum it up.

D.T.R

Established Member
You'll never be a king of the streets, especially on a street car. There is always someone out there... with a faster car lol.

Why don't you set a power goal, or an ET/Trap you want to accomplish? That'd be easier to focus on what mods you want. Sounds like you will need boost regardless, and in that case.. I'd go turbo. It's the most efficient type of boost.

SaleenGT2001

Established Member
i would get the C6Z, i have a buddy with one with only cam, intake and full exhaust and it is WAY more fun to drive than my car. it makes 550ish just like mine does but it feels more like my old car on 700! it handles like a dream and will run 160 and feel like you are cruising at 55. i love my KB 5.0 but given the chance i would jump all over a C6Z in a heartbeat!!!!

get a nice used C6Z and throw a procharger on it and call it a day.

D.T.R

Established Member
I thought this thread was about modding a 5.0L not about buying another car though?

98ss88mm

Established Member
Well SaleenGT, a 418 ls3 with a f1a was an idea, some BIG cube lsx motor with a 300 direct port was another, but vette just doesnt seem like a great daily car. Mustang has more interior room for daily use. I can see that this thread is not really going in the direction I hoped for, I guess I will just continue to use the internet. I wonder how a Ysi would do on one of these things...

Bluebolt

Hold my beer n watch this
Established Member
I don't understand why you say the gt500 is not an option. It's inside the budget you stated (unless they jack the price threw the roof) and the 2013 is gonna be around 600 hp from factory. With a built gt with a blower you'll be in the same neighborhood. If your going to do a pd blower anyway why not start with more displacement? And the new gt500 has the option for that sweet new bilstein suspension.

Last edited:

BlackMamba3

Established Member
You haven't really given us much. You say the car is supposed to be the "ultimate street car"? Ok, good luck. As said above, there's always going to be someone with a faster car. I saw a modded Skyline hand a Bugatti Veyron it's ass. Anyway, back on topic now. If you attempt to go for the whole Fast and Furious type street racing car then the car will need a built motor, power adder (Procharger), nitrous is always good, full suspension, tires, upgraded rear diff and we can go on and on.

You're saying the mod budget is $20K? I'd have that spent on a built L&M motor in a heartbeat.

Good luck with what you decide on.

BlackMamba3

Established Member
I agree, you might want to consider the 2013 Shelby. Yes, after adding some of the packages, you might be around $60-63K but then the car is done unless you want to mod further.

D.T.R

Established Member
I'd seriously keep the 5.0L in there.... and build the shit out of it. I always loved DOHC v8s ... they respond to mods so good. I'm sure it'd make crazy power with both a big blower or a big turbo

D.T.R

Established Member
What about a built 5.0 plus power adder? :dw:

That's pretty much what I said lmao :rolling:

Built bottom end, ported heads, valve train, and a 76mm turbo.
Quick spool for out-the-hole power, yet, a shit ton of top end... I'd go turbo.

Now what would be a possible solution to our weak MT82s ? With all the problems people are having, i don't see them holding up over 650whp

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member
i would get the C6Z, i have a buddy with one with only cam, intake and full exhaust and it is WAY more fun to drive than my car. it makes 550ish just like mine does but it feels more like my old car on 700! it handles like a dream and will run 160 and feel like you are cruising at 55. i love my KB 5.0 but given the chance i would jump all over a C6Z in a heartbeat!!!!

get a nice used C6Z and throw a procharger on it and call it a day.

i would NOT get that bored out chevy if i ever planned on going FI on it. Its an ok ride for NA fun....but i have seen quite a few crack the block under boost...pretty sad actually

BlackMamba3

Established Member
That's pretty much what I said lmao :rolling:

Built bottom end, ported heads, valve train, and a 76mm turbo.
Quick spool for out-the-hole power, yet, a shit ton of top end... I'd go turbo.

Now what would be a possible solution to our weak MT82s ? With all the problems people are having, i don't see them holding up over 650whp

The MT-82 has held up to well over 650rwhp. There's a member on this forum who's putting over 800 ft/lbs of torque through the stock clutch and transmission on his Boss 302.

Users who are viewing this thread