Uh oh, looks like they found WMD

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by PlatinumCobra
Ummm, looks like we found WOMD in the U.S.!!!
Last time I checked George Bush didn't use mustard gas on the population of DC. There is a difference. Now klinton just had people offed and didn't bother with the WMD's.

Does this change your POV?

:bored:
Nope, I heard about that on monday, not to mention everyone on the planet, except for the 'tards, knows he had WMD's.

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Originally posted by 03DOHC
Last time I checked George Bush didn't use mustard gas on the population of DC. There is a difference. Now klinton just had people offed and didn't bother with the WMD's.

True, but we were the only country in the history to use nukes in wartime too. Now, that was 60 years ago, but still, it's like the UK coming over here and telling us, "Hand over all your nukes! While you're at it give us all your guns because we told you so."

Don't think that would go over very well. :shrug:

03DOHC

Established Member
True, but we were the only country in the history to use nukes in wartime too. Now, that was 60 years ago, but still, it's like the UK coming over here and telling us, "Hand over all your nukes! While you're at it give us all your guns because we told you so."

We didn't just wake up one day and say hmmm, we have these nukes just lying around and I wanna do an air burst over some wooden houses because I like fire. Or, let's go test it on some humans! I wonder what radiation does to human flesh? Mikey said he didn't want to try it. I know, let's go test it on the japanese, they're like Mikey, they might like it.

BTW, we are the good guys.

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
I don't disagree. Iraq needs shut down. Although it makes us look suspicious when we do the same to North Korea and other countries where the use of these WOMD are unconfirmed.

Mr.Shortround

Established Member
Although it makes us look suspicious when we do the same to North Korea and other countries where the use of these WOMD are unconfirmed.

You really want to wait for NK to get an even larger weapons program!?

Note: I don't support the invasion of NK.... HAH! took that argument away from ya... :p

Last edited:

Rearpl8tsinsite

QQQQ
Established Member

Come on Platty. Who cares if we are the only ones who have ever used them. At least we know when the right time is and don't threaten nations with them like Iraq did.

If I said I was going to blow up your house with a bomb on public radio and you heard me say it would you just sit there and do nothing? No you'd probably kick my arse like we did to him. He was threatening America with them. He was threaatening Israel with them. And he was supporting those who put bombs on their belt and blow up cafes. Is this what you support?
:nonono:

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
No, I don't support it. But what you are saying is a paradox. We can't force others to not use WOMD if we have them, since the intent is the same. It's not how they are used, it's the use of them or the ownership of them for the intent of using them that I have a problem with.

Does this make sense?

03DOHC

Established Member
No, I don't support it. But what you are saying is a paradox. We can't force others to not use WOMD if we have them, since the intent is the same. It's not how they are used, it's the use of them or the ownership of them for the intent of using them that I have a problem with.

Does this make sense?
The intent is not the same and is only a paradox or contradiction to those who perceive no difference between a free nation acting for self defense and a dictatorship acting in offense. We don't threaten to take over other countries to occupy, that's not what we do and that's not who we are. If we go into a country it is to free it. And freedom is NEVER and imposition. Unlike sadumb insane, who invades other countries to take them for himself. We have them for self defense, NOT for offense. I'm sorry you don't understand the difference.

bunny_power

Snugs has da powah!
Established Member
LOL, this is a text book example of spin by omission. They left out a couple of pretty key quotes in that story so you guys could get excited and post it around the net. Guess WND is taking lessons from Michael Moore. :p

Same story from USA today, from AP.
http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/iraq/2004-07-01-poland-iraq-sarin_x.htm

WARSAW (AP) — Polish troops have found two warheads in Iraq believed to contain a deadly nerve agent, but it is not clear what period the weapons came from, the Defense Ministry said Thursday.
The two warheads were found in early June in a bunker in the area controlled by Polish forces, and they tested positive for cyclosarin, a substance many times stronger than sarin, the ministry said in a statement.

"There is no doubt that the warheads contain chemical weapons," Defense Minister Jerzy Szmajdzinski told TVN24. "The problem is what period they came from, whether the (Persian) Gulf War or earlier, and whether they were usable, partly usable or not at all."

Another dozen were found later in June and were being tested in Baghdad and the United States, he said.

"Some of them are very corroded. They are probably not usable, but are dangerous to the local environment," Szmajdzinski said.

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by bunny_power
LOL, this is a text book example of spin by omission. They left out a couple of pretty key quotes in that story so you guys could get excited and post it around the net. Guess WND is taking lessons from Michael Moore. :p

Same story from USA today, from AP.
http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/iraq/2004-07-01-poland-iraq-sarin_x.htm

WARSAW (AP) — Polish troops have found two warheads in Iraq believed to contain a deadly nerve agent, but it is not clear what period the weapons came from, the Defense Ministry said Thursday.
The two warheads were found in early June in a bunker in the area controlled by Polish forces, and they tested positive for cyclosarin, a substance many times stronger than sarin, the ministry said in a statement.

"There is no doubt that the warheads contain chemical weapons," Defense Minister Jerzy Szmajdzinski told TVN24. "The problem is what period they came from, whether the (Persian) Gulf War or earlier, and whether they were usable, partly usable or not at all."

Another dozen were found later in June and were being tested in Baghdad and the United States, he said.

"Some of them are very corroded. They are probably not usable, but are dangerous to the local environment," Szmajdzinski said.
Everything that comes off your keyboard is spun.

Did they find something? Yes. Was he supposed to have them regardless of whether or not they are corroded? No.

Funny how YOU tried to spin that huh?

Rearpl8tsinsite

QQQQ
Established Member

I don't recall GW saying we were looking for WMD's of a certain period? I recall him saying we were looking for WMD's. And we found them several times. I'm just glad to be one of the elite 10% in America who know we even found them. And you should too.

Thanks 03Dohc! I couldn't have said it better.:rockon:

JRock

Established Member
What I don't get is why this is buried on tiny pull-down news menus on websites right now like at FoxNews and CNN
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,124576,00.html
when it should be bigger frontpage news, yes?

I had to go to Today's Top Stories, World & US, and then the fourth blurb down was this news article, below the Hot Teacher Chick Does 14-year-old Kid stories.

I can't even find it on CNN.com.

JRock

Established Member
LOL, this is a text book example of spin by omission. They left out a couple of pretty key quotes in that story so you guys could get excited and post it around the net.

Oh like the whole 9/11 committee report where everyone focused on one sentence (one that doesn't contradict what the adminstration had said anyway) instead of the rest of the report which did confirm ties b/w Al Quaeda and Iraq just not regarding 9/11 (which is exactly what the administration had said as well).

I loathe politics.

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Originally posted by 03DOHC
The intent is not the same and is only a paradox or contradiction to those who perceive no difference between a free nation acting for self defense and a dictatorship acting in offense. We don't threaten to take over other countries to occupy, that's not what we do and that's not who we are. If we go into a country it is to free it. And freedom is NEVER and imposition. Unlike sadumb insane, who invades other countries to take them for himself. We have them for self defense, NOT for offense. I'm sorry you don't understand the difference.

I do understand the difference. Using WOMD for defense or offense is not my issue, it's the use or possible use of WOMD PERIOD. The primary intent of using WOMD is not for defense, especially when using chemical weapons. From a tactical standpoint they are near impossible to control and cause extreme collateral damage. In many cases environmental issues abound, like radioactivity.

Many of the leaking cesspools of chemical weapons prove that their use has been minimal for quite some time.

Since they are difficult to transport safely in battle, I find it hard to believe these WOMD's are worth anything other than letting everyone else know that "My peter is is bigger than yours".

03DOHC

Established Member
I do understand the difference. Using WOMD for defense or offense is not my issue, it's the use or possible use of WOMD PERIOD. The primary intent of using WOMD is not for defense, especially when using chemical weapons. From a tactical standpoint they are near impossible to control and cause extreme collateral damage. In many cases environmental issues abound, like radioactivity.

Many of the leaking cesspools of chemical weapons prove that their use has been minimal for quite some time.

Since they are difficult to transport safely in battle, I find it hard to believe these WOMD's are worth anything other than letting everyone else know that "My peter is is bigger than yours".
You used japan and our dropping the bomb on them as an example of WMD's that we had as an example. I followed through on that thought. Now you want to get into specific WMD's.:shrug: I don't recall the US to have ever used nerve gas, mustard gas or any other type of chemical or biological weapon in war or to occupy a country for our own use. But I could be wrong since I'm not in the CIA or priviledged to spun info like moore.

As for developing chemical or biological weapons in this country it makes sense to understand their effects and to study it for antidotes, not necessarily to use on other countries in an attempt to take over and occupy them. Last I heard we suspended our efforts at making any more B&C weapons.

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member

Section 2332a. Use of certain weapons of mass destruction

(a) Offense Against a National of the United States or Within the
United States. - A person who, without lawful authority, uses,
threatens, or attempts or conspires to use, a weapon of mass
destruction (other than a chemical weapon as that term is defined
in section 229F), including any biological agent, toxin, or vector
(as those terms are defined in section 178) -
(1) against a national of the United States while such national
is outside of the United States;
(2) against any person within the United States, and the
results of such use affect interstate or foreign commerce or, in
the case of a threat, attempt, or conspiracy, would have affected
interstate or foreign commerce; or
(3) against any property that is owned, leased or used by the
United States or by any department or agency of the United
States, whether the property is within or outside of the United
States,
shall be imprisoned for any term of years or for life, and if death
results, shall be punished by death or imprisoned for any term of
years or for life.
(b) Offense by National of the United States Outside of the
United States. - Any national of the United States who, without
lawful authority, uses, or threatens, attempts, or conspires to
use, a weapon of mass destruction (other than a chemical weapon (as
that term is defined in section 229F)) outside of the United States
shall be imprisoned for any term of years or for life, and if death
results, shall be punished by death, or by imprisonment for any
term of years or for life.
(c) Definitions. - For purposes of this section -
(1) the term ''national of the United States'' has the meaning
given in section 101(a)(22) of the Immigration and Nationality
Act (8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(22)); and
(2) the term ''weapon of mass destruction'' means -
(A) any destructive device as defined in section 921 of this
title;
(B) any weapon that is designed or intended to cause death or
serious bodily injury through the release, dissemination, or
impact of toxic or poisonous chemicals, or their precursors;
(C) any weapon involving a disease organism; or
(D) any weapon that is designed to release radiation or
radioactivity at a level dangerous to human life.

By this definition, the use of depleted uranium would constitute a violation against WOMD.

LogiWorld123

Established Member
Leave it to me, the guy who hounds the AP wires to give you the "stuff"

Polish Troops Discover Iraq Bio-Weapons

By MONIKA SCISLOWSKA
Associated Press Writer

WARSAW, Poland (AP) -- Terrorists may have been close to obtaining munitions containing the deadly nerve agent cyclosarin that Polish soldiers recovered last month in Iraq, the head of Poland's military intelligence said Friday.

Polish troops had been searching for munitions as part of their regular mission in south-central Iraq when they were told by an informant in May that terrorists had made a bid to buy the chemical weapons, which date back to Saddam Hussein's war with Iran in the 1980s, Gen. Marek Dukaczewski told reporters in Warsaw.

"We were mortified by the information that terrorists were looking for these warheads and offered $5,000 apiece," Dukaczewski said. "An attack with such weapons would be hard to imagine. All of our activity was accelerated at appropriating these warheads."

Dukaczewski refused to give any further details about the terrorists or the sellers of the munitions, saying only that his troops thwarted terrorists by purchasing the 17 rockets for a Soviet-era launcher and two mortar rounds containing the nerve agent for an undisclosed sum June 23.

In May, a booby-trapped artillery shell apparently filled with the sarin nerve agent exploded alongside a Baghdad road but caused no serious injuries to the U.S. forces who discovered it. At the time, officials stopped short of claiming the munition was definite evidence of a large weapons stockpile in prewar Iraq or evidence of recent production by Saddam's regime.

The warheads all contained cyclosarin, multinational force commander Polish Gen. Mieczyslaw Bieniek said.

"Laboratory tests showed the presence in them of cyclosarin, a very toxic gas, five times stronger than sarin and five times more durable," Bieniek told Poland's TVN24 at the force's Camp Babylon headquarters.

"If these warheads, which were still usable, were used on a military base like Camp Babylon, they would have caused unforeseeable damage."

The tests were done by U.S. experts, who were conducting more.

The munitions were found in a bunker in the Polish sector, but Polish officials refused to be more specific.

© 2004 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Users who are viewing this thread