ugh, annoying problem (water temp sensor)

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
So after a long drive today (500+ miles), I got home and noticed that the electrical connector (at the harness) for the water temp sensor has cracked and the wires are exposed. It still works, but for how long, who knows.

Does anyone know of a possible source for this electrical connector?

Thanks.

Slow mustang :(
Established Member
I have a brand new temp sensor if anyone wants. $25 shipped.

Paid full retail, then found out that I did not need it and they would not take it back. FTL!

Quadcammer

Established Member
the sensor itself is not my problem, its the harness side connector.

thanks though.

3B99SVT

Top down makes me smile
Established Member
I hate to suggest such a cheesy temporary fix, but do you have any of that "paint on insulation"? I used it to protect some splices I put in the wiring to my boat trailer and it seems to be working quite well. It's black so it shouldn't be that noticable. That stuff will cover the exposed wire and may help prevent it from getting worse until you find a new connector.

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Yup, what 3B said. Liquid Electrical Tape. Water tight seal, will cover the exposed wires up very easily, brushes on and dries quick.

SVT1999

Livin' Life
Established Member
Here comes the question of all questions.... is that what the light is on my dash? The last one on the right? it is yellow and looks like it is a coolant light, but my fluid was always good. When I unplug my sensor from the coolant res. The light goes out but come back within 20 minutes... DO i need a new sensor?

Quadcammer

Established Member
different sensor. Your float is likely stuck at the bottom of the tank making the sensor think its low on coolant.

Users who are viewing this thread