Ufc165

NJ03SVTCobra

Addicted Open Tracker
Established Member
All thoughts and comments here! :banana:

Anyone watching the main event tonight, and thinking Gustafson will challenge or beat Jones?

Should be a good fight! Also anyone know of a free stream online. I am at a hotel and don't want to pay $55.00 to watch it on my laptop as my wifi is occasionally spotty here.

ULTIMATE ORANGE SS

Established Member
i think JJ wins by TKO. while gustafsson is a worthy opponent jones is just at a much higher level. shit, hes not only beat some of the best in the world hes dominated them. whats scary is hes only 26 and will probably continue to improve.

theres a couple other fights im interested in also.

NJ03SVTCobra

Addicted Open Tracker
Established Member
i think JJ wins by TKO. while gustafsson is a worthy opponent jones is just at a much higher level. shit, hes not only beat some of the best in the world hes dominated them. whats scary is hes only 26 and will probably continue to improve.

Agreed it should be a damn good fight. I think Gustafson's ground game has vastly improved since he had his loss. HE has been training extensively on his game. If he can avoid the big hits from Jones he may have a shot. I don't think it will be a knockout, but it could go deep into the rounds... Hopefully!

ULTIMATE ORANGE SS

Established Member
great first fight. healy and that russian are really slugging it out.

kick ass slam! the russian is taking this fight.

20redfire03

Established Member
Good fight between Jones and Gustafson. Really close fight. Thought Gus was going to pull off the upset.

Fuzzy Logic

ʎʇıןɐǝɹ ɹnoʎ ʇɔǝɾǝɹ ן
Established Member
i thought gus was gonna pull off the upset too. he was popping jones all night.

i think jones' takedown answer and also that rally in the 4th sealed it for him.

20redfire03

Established Member
Gus got screwed. He won that fight. Beat that ass. Judges still suck. 49-46?? Really?

I didn't like that score either when it was announced. If they re did that fight I wouldn't complain as it was a very good fight.

FourSixPony

SLO GT
Established Member
Dana is already talking rematch possibilities. Me either seeing I believe this was worse then Benson Henderson getting the shitty decision wins and people getting rematches right away. Gus def. deserves a rematch in my book more then Glover deserves a title fight.

And yea, great fight, fight of the year IMO.

Jones pretty much had to be carried out to the back and got taken out on a stretcher. Gus did a few interviews then when to the hospital to get looked at.

Right before the decision was announced...
null_zpsd3ef5a4d.jpg

After it was announced..
null_zps4c16a4b5.jpg

That's to shady.

Last edited:

HooperWest

DECIDER
Established Member
Great Night!

Always great when the UFC comes to TORONTO.
They put on their biggest and best events in T.O.!

On Saturday night it was a wet rainy mess outside the Air Canada Centre, the Home of the TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS
LK-Toronto_Maple_Leafs-1.gif

th_720p_zps3c4a8378.jpg

Bones Enters the Ring

^^^
Click to View Vid

th_1080p_zps231801c1.jpg

Fighter Introductions Bruce Buffer is amazing at his job!
^^^
Click to View Vid

file_zps9ba6b0c4.jpg

There were about 3000 Swedes that had made it all the way from Sweden to the ACC on a special UFC Travel package, that combined with many people in Toronto of Swedish decent, Gustafsson had a lot of support!

I was ringside for the and had Gustafsson winning 3 of the 5 rounds but you have to BEAT the champion decisively, to get a decison in the UFC, been like that for a while. The Swedish contingent were PISSED as was my buddy who flamed out on a bet for Gustafsson that paid 5-1.

Anyway, an INCREDIBLE Main Event that saw both fighters end up in the hospital.

file_zps4f395811.jpg

Here are some more pics from the night...

file_zps990bff38.jpg

file_zps5135fdee.jpg

file_zps59d97578.jpg

^^
Buffer and Rogan

file_zpsaa0dc520.jpg

Hottie!

file_zps39171964.jpg

GSP in the HOUSE!

file_zpsa92f4876.jpg

file_zps04a59c63.jpg

file_zpsce01d80f.jpg

file_zpsad670bb6.jpg

file_zpsc9cc0280.jpg

^^^
Dana and the Hall of Famer Roberto Alomar...our greatest Blue Jay Ever!

file_zpse575c18c.jpg

^^
Me and the Hall of Famer and Career 300 hitter, it was a real thrill to meet Robbie!

file_zps17a5db1a.jpg

file_zpsad6ba86b.jpg

file_zps69ac751f.jpg

file_zpsa8b468f1.jpg

Funny guy Russell Peters, a great CANADIAN, in the house, Russell's boxed a lot when he was a kid and is always at the UFC events, when he is not in LA.

file_zpsee8736cc.jpg

^^^
Bones arriving!

Last edited:

HooperWest

DECIDER
Established Member

JJ was out boxed last Saturday night and that was a surprise.

Users who are viewing this thread