UFC/Fedor talks reopened

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
mousasi too?
that guy would be another bad ass addition to the LHW division.
imo hes top 3, hopefully it happens.

sucks to hear about brock's misfortune.

king nothing

Established Member
Did Dan Henderson really leave the UFC? Why?

(Knockout of the year IMO)
Couldnt come to terms with the UFC on money, and they brought Vitor Belfort in and gave him a title shot agains Anderson Silva after one victory (rich Franklin) that wasnt even fought at 185. id be pissed too

02YZ125

So sticky
Established Member
Well that is disappointing but at least well get to see him fight for free on CBS.

Anyone know when the next stikeforce event is?

Got Torque

well do yah?
Established Member
I understand what he is going through, but all reports I have seen say they do not know one way or the other if he is coming back. I took that statement as he was "done"... yet the report makes no mention of Lesnar at all.

Last I read, he will know about the 2nd surgery in the next few weeks, and if he doesn't need it, should be back around summertime

Brock Lesnar’s team releases a statement, says he still weighs 275lbs.*|*URDirt.com

Well Dana said they will know more this week but he has already stated Mir/Carwin are fighting for a belt now and it will likely be the HW belt not an interim belt, that´s why I said that but that´s just my guess.

Hendo seems like a stand up dude.

He´s alright but I remember he was supposed to do a charity event after fighting Silva but he was so pissed he didn´t show up, it was for like kids with diseases or something too.

Well that is disappointing but at least well get to see him fight for free on CBS.

Anyone know when the next stikeforce event is?

April on CBS.
They just had one on Showtime in Dec.
They have one coming up in Jan in Miami I believe on Showtime as well. Nick Diaz is fighting for a belt.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
LOL, as shady as M1 was in the last talks, it's still all danas fault. what a surprise. i'm certainly no fan of the guy(though i don't have some personal hatred for him like everyone else), but there are 2 parties involved in all of this shit, and each had a part in the negotiation breakdown last time.

sharkbite

Filthy
Established Member
I'd like to see them come to an agreement just so we can see Fedor fight the world's best. Not some hulking fat dude with a mohawk who has knocked out a few people. I'm a huge Fedor fan, but I don't think he'll be able to hang with somebody like Frank Mir. He's past his prime, I think. The last couple of times he's fought (Rogers and Arlovski), he's had some major flaws in his game exposed and looked on the brink of defeat. The guy's "undefeated" though and is still the baddest man in the HW division until proven otherwise.

Dominator

The Shogun of Harlem
Established Member
I'd like to see them come to an agreement just so we can see Fedor fight the world's best.

Thats what Fedor and all MMA fans want to see. But its Dana White that will not do it. He doesn't want to do a co-promotion event ever. He is such an arrogant, stubborn, and unintelligent person about the business. Strikeforce is all for doing co-promotion events and will have them this year. Why do you think they had Shinya Aoki at their last event talking about fighting the best American fighters? And did anyone else watch the Dynamite event? It was a co-promotion event with Dream and Sengoku.....the big dogs in Japan. It was an event that pitted the best fighters from Dream taking on the best fighters from Sengoku. It is the equivalent of UFC vs Strikeforce. They had roughly ~25 fights and it was a huge success. These types of co-promotions are only good for the sport, and the fans get to see some real dream matchups.

So here is a big F U to Dana White for not doing what everyone else is already doing.:kaboom:

Got Torque

well do yah?
Established Member
I'd like to see them come to an agreement just so we can see Fedor fight the world's best. Not some hulking fat dude with a mohawk who has knocked out a few people. I'm a huge Fedor fan, but I don't think he'll be able to hang with somebody like Frank Mir. He's past his prime, I think. The last couple of times he's fought (Rogers and Arlovski), he's had some major flaws in his game exposed and looked on the brink of defeat. The guy's "undefeated" though and is still the baddest man in the HW division until proven otherwise.

Flaws?
Brink of defeat?
lol

He was never in any real danger. Just because he took some punches doesn't mean he has flaws or was on the brink of defeat.
Out of all his fights the only time he was in trouble was when he was dazed and wobbling in the Fujita fight and he recovered quick and finished the fight.

mustangbee

Established Member
even if fedor came in the UFC and beat brock along with all the top dawgs, ppl would find an excuse for every fight he wins, whether they all come by knockout or sub

he's overrated. 34-0? (minus a cut) most GREAT mma fighters would be lucky to win 80% of their fights, regardless of the fighters they beat are marketed well.

the problem is if their comes a brock fight and he wins..."oh, well, brock just isnt the same guy he once was" i can hear it now!

sideways03

LS What?
Established Member
Well Dana said they will know more this week but he has already stated Mir/Carwin are fighting for a belt now and it will likely be the HW belt not an interim belt, that´s why I said that but that´s just my guess.

It is for an interm belt. I got this today:

ScreenShot001-1.jpg

CobrarboC

Established Member
i dont see how any of you can compare mir and fedor that is a ****ing joke... Lesnar dominated mir and Fedor has dominated multiple guys lesnars size..

There is no wa you can justify 34-0.. Your in straight denial.. It doesnt matter if he did it sloppy HE STILL DID IT.

You people that try to pick it apart and say hes out of his prime... hes what undre 35??? just shut the hell up... Gawd damn annoyance

2003 SVT ROUSH

~SNAKE AND BAKE~
Established Member
i dont see how any of you can compare mir and fedor that is a ****ing joke... Lesnar dominated mir and Fedor has dominated multiple guys lesnars size..

There is no wa you can justify 34-0.. Your in straight denial.. It doesnt matter if he did it sloppy HE STILL DID IT.

You people that try to pick it apart and say hes out of his prime... hes what undre 35??? just shut the hell up... Gawd damn annoyance

+1 And not to mention I am more impressed by the way Fedor has won being that no matter what kind of trouble he has been in ,He finds a way out of that trouble and beats em . Iv never seen a fighter get suplexed on the neck as hard as randleman did to fedor and come out and win by sub seconds later. Hes been rocked by Fujita ,Cro-cop exchanges.. Bret Rogers has a full mount on him and had blood speared all over his face and he just relaxes and finds ways out. ( he was never in any trouble till the full mount and his nose was not broken , it was a reopened cut that his brother Alex gave him in training) The list goes on and he continues to to outlast the evolution of other fighters aproach/gameplan .

BmoseleyINC

SVT Immortal
Established Member
Dana white offered Fedor $30 million to fight in the UFC?:eek::eek::eek:

No, just a rumor. Probly more like 500,000-775,000 a fight, with pay-per-view cut. He'd make about 5 million a year if he fought on a normal ufc schedule.

Too bad they aren't talking///:(

mustangbee

Established Member

this EXACTLY what pisses me off about "fans" and "experts" on here. I'm not either one, and actally ive tried my hand in mma enough to realize i cant compete well enough to make a good living, weighing in lifestyle vs. risk...bottomline-i'm not good enough to make the money i thnk the risk is worth. i'm a puss? maybe...but

i did try though, and in that trying i understand that in order to beat 34 FIGTHERS without a loss is absolutely, insanely difficult. REGARDLESS if HATERS think he beat nobodies. Understand this, those men he beat are the ring FOR A REASON. their not hometown block brawlers anymore. their doing it for a living. you work at mechanic shop, they beat up ppl...guess what, fedor beat 34 of THOSE guys.

the idea is that anyone can lose, even with extreme natural ability(physical and mental), years of training, and lengthy experience. THOSE guys that have ALL those previous attritubes i just listed lose...and they lose fairly often against hungry, fairly unknown fighters. the reason is bc no matter what-its a fight. whether it be one punch, fall the wrong way, lose your footing, alot of it has to with split second correct decisions, and on a certain level-luck.

fedor is the exception. i know he has all the attributes of a great fighter, but he also has a focus unlike anything ive ever witnessed. keep in mind, im no fedor "fan" but i understand the sport to a certain degree, and i can cleary see he is a freak in this sport.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread