UFC 151 canceled

johnjon87

Established Member
Jones vs Hendo is canceled!

Machida vs Jones rescheduled for September 21st.

Apparently Dana wanted chael to fight Jones but Greg Jackson and Jon Jones refused. Dana is now calling Greg Jackson out

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

dark-knight

Established Member
chael sonnen fight jones? that doesnt seem right since sonnen lost his last fight to silva. Why should he get in there with the champ.

zak88lx

Future SVT *****
Established Member
This is crazy!
I just listened to the live radio conference with Dana.

I heard rumors that Hendo was injured yesterday, but then he tweeted a contradictory message 13 hours ago:
Why would you send a tweet saying you had a great training session if you were actually injured?

hendo.JPG

dark-knight

Established Member
yea. jones made the right move not fightning sonnen. now if it was silva that would be different. Sonnen shouldnt be on the main card for another couple of months IMO.

Hendo isnt afraid of a fight, but he needs to be 110% to fight jones to even stand a chance.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
dan henderson has a partially torn MCL

If I was Jones, I wouldn't have taken the fight either. Nothing at all to gain by fighting Sonnen.
yea, completely agree. it does nothing to boost his image no matter how good of a job he does beating chael, and there are obviously HUGE repercussions if, in the very unlikely chance, sonnen were to pull it out and beat jones. you wouldn't see any other champ taking a fight like this. i like sonnen, but he's gotta get a couple 205 matches under his belt first.

Dana said this is the 1st time anyone in the UFC has refused a fight

he's exaggerating obviously. a lot of fighters have turned down a short notice opponent after the original pulled out. this may be the first time that a title holder is turning down a short notice opponent, but that's even more justified IMO.
if dana is gonna bitch about title holders turning down opponents, then how about A silva not taking the multiple weidman offers because weidman isn't "a big enough name"(I.E., anderson won't make as much money since he gets a percentage of the PPV take). that's some real bullshit, weidman has absolutely earned his title fight. even if silva will destroy him in a very entertaining and likely mind blowing fashion... :lol1:

johnjon87

Established Member
just cause dana comes up with some shitty fight, why should jones fight it:shrug:

Because this isn't boxing it should be whatever Dana and Joe want it is.. The moment you start asking guys who they want to fight.. Then you end up with bums like Mayweather picking fights. Anyways I think Lyoto has a better chance to win anyways. He was whopping bones butt until he got caught on the fence with mutant arms.

johnjon87

Established Member
dan henderson has a partially torn MCL

yea, completely agree. it does nothing to boost his image no matter how good of a job he does beating chael, and there are obviously HUGE repercussions if, in the very unlikely chance, sonnen were to pull it out and beat jones. you wouldn't see any other champ taking a fight like this. i like sonnen, but he's gotta get a couple 205 matches under his belt first.

he's exaggerating obviously. a lot of fighters have turned down a short notice opponent after the original pulled out. this may be the first time that a title holder is turning down a short notice opponent, but that's even more justified IMO.
if dana is gonna bitch about title holders turning down opponents, then how about A silva not taking the multiple weidman offers because weidman isn't "a big enough name"(I.E., anderson won't make as much money since he gets a percentage of the PPV take). that's some real bullshit, weidman has absolutely earned his title fight. even if silva will destroy him in a very entertaining and likely mind blowing fashion... :lol1:

I agree with that as well. Dana is mostly a tool and at the same time a good businessman. I don't believe half the things that come out of that mans mouth

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
stupid fight :bash:

1st off Chael would get destroyed by Rampage, Rashad, Shogun, Lyoto amongst others in 205 so how does he deserve to fight the champ?

2ndly, Jones would smash him with elbows or sub him inside of a minute. It would be like watching a helpless jogger get raped.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Because this isn't boxing it should be whatever Dana and Joe want it is.. The moment you start asking guys who they want to fight.. Then you end up with bums like Mayweather picking fights. Anyways I think Lyoto has a better chance to win anyways. He was whopping bones butt until he got caught on the fence with mutant arms.

You also want what the crowd deserves. Sonnen recently lost and to most including me think he doesn't pose a threat to fighters like Jones. We want entertainment not shitty fights.

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
You also want what the crowd deserves. Sonnen recently lost and to most including me think he doesn't pose a threat to fighters like Jones. We want entertainment not shitty fights.

+1

Jones has destroyed 4 former champs in LHW. Why would he want to risk fighting some chump from MW thats never held a belt? Jones would have absolutely nothing to gain by fighting him and everything to lose. :nonono:

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
I agree with that as well. Dana is mostly a tool and at the same time a good businessman. I don't believe half the things that come out of that mans mouth

yea, despite where he's taken the UFC, he seems to talk with a lot of emotion when he should really be more level headed.

stupid fight :bash:

1st off Chael would get destroyed by Rampage, Rashad, Shogun, Lyoto amongst others in 205 so how does he deserve to fight the champ?
he doesn't, he just happens to be the only LHW aside from machida that doesn't already have a fight lined up. they aren't gonna give it to bader on short notice since lyoto destroyed him, and machida "won" the #1 contendership over vera and shogun with his performance against bader so they're out. gustafsson has a fight lined up against shogun on the absolutely stacked 'UFC on fox 5' card and they don't want to pull him off of that because it's such a huge card. rampage is healing up from double knee surgery, is lined up to fight glover in october, and has said(in his typical cry baby fashion) that that will be his final fight. and they obviously aren't gonna give rashad back-to-back title shots, and i doubt jones would accept that anyway.
sonnen doesn't deserve the fight, but if lyoto didn't want to take it on short notice, then sonnen was the only one left to match up with jones in an attempt to save the card. it was a hail mary basically.

edit: there's forrest griffin, who's scheduled to fight sonnen at UFC 155, though he's not exactly in the hunt for the title right now with a recent loss to shogun(before taking tito on the judges cards). i don't think dana is happy with him right now anyways, with his antics following the tito fight.

Last edited:

corey d

STOLE IT
Established Member
mc01svt;12134734Why would he want to risk fighting some chump from MW thats never held a belt?[/QUOTE said:
What do you mean? I dont understand, he won the first silva fight. How can someone get beat up for 5 1/2 rounds, then at the end wrap his legs around a guys head, and they call him the winner?.....:D

I really like Sonnen, but thats crazy stuff....I could listen to him trash talk for hours...

20redfire03

Established Member
I wanted Jones to take the fight. Sonnen said he hasn't trained his fight with Silva so 8 days isnt a lot of time to prepare for Jones either but he stepped up. Like Dana said, Sonnen talks the talk and walks the walk.

And Sonnen would take down Rampage and beat on him, Bader did it, Sonnen would also get Shogun down as he is a shell of himself, and if Sonnen grabbed Rashad he probably get him down and stand a good chance to keep him their due to his size.

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
I wanted Jones to take the fight. Sonnen said he hasn't trained his fight with Silva so 8 days isnt a lot of time to prepare for Jones either but he stepped up. Like Dana said, Sonnen talks the talk and walks the walk.

And Sonnen would take down Rampage and beat on him, Bader did it, Sonnen would also get Shogun down as he is a shell of himself, and if Sonnen grabbed Rashad he probably get him down and stand a good chance to keep him their due to his size.

surely this is a joke :lol:

There is a reason Sonnen fights at 185lbs with the smaller guys. Any of the fighters you mentioned would tool him.

Hendo is a LEGENDARY wrestler and he couldn't keep Rampage down. Shogun would likely smash him too. Rashad's wrestling is on another level and he's got hard hands as well. Sonnen is simply outclassed with any of these guys.

Sonnen talks a good game, thats about it. :bored:

johnjon87

Established Member
+1

Jones has destroyed 4 former champs in LHW. Why would he want to risk fighting some chump from MW thats never held a belt? Jones would have absolutely nothing to gain by fighting him and everything to lose. :nonono:

bones did NOT destroy Lyoto. Machida was winning the fight until the guillotine choke. Where one nobody can train for jons Wierd arm length, anyone would think they were in decent position there cuz normal human being dont have such long arms to allow them to get a choke from there. And then when he did. Which is something I hated about Jon Jones.. He dropped lyoto on his head after knowing he was out.. that's just classless. when you feel him going you out, let him down to the mat. There's something I just don't like about bones,I don't know what it is, because I know he's a pretty nice guy. He just annoys me with the things he does and the things he says. I know my opinion mean jack but I think its one of those things where he needs to lose to become the full package.. Even though Machida has his wtf is he doing moments I like and respect his style a lot more then bones. Plus I gate seeing some one with the belt for too long starts to get old after a few years.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread