UFC 104 EPIC Main Event.....Maybe!

ccperales

Established Member
Machida right now is as good as it gets, most people think he will easily beat Shogun, but if Rua can regain the form he had in his Pride days this would be a tremendous fight. Anybody seen his fights from his Pride days? He was a beast!!! I'm hoping to see a classic.

Got Torque

well do yah?
Established Member
I think Shogun will try to take Machida down and go for a submission.
Would love to see him go at Machida with his vicious Muay Thai though.
Hoping for a badass fight!

canibus

Established Member
I just hope it goes atleast 2. I can see both winning. Unfortunatly, they would both finish eachother off quickly.

Niks97cobra

Ready to Go!
Established Member
I really want Machida to win. I think Shogun is the only one with a fighting style that can even challenge him besides Spider.

ITRIEDEL

Established Member
ehhh machida caries a Black belt in BJJ so shogun would be wasting time to take him down unless he gets desperate which then again is just dumb...maybe if machida couldnt do anything in the ground... Machida uses the karate style not the muay tai. Hes one of the very few true authentic Karate experts in UFC. Really shows what martial arts what its all about. To take the least amount of damage and to inflect the most. Def machida in my book because that dude cant get hit... Hes never lost a fight, never lost a round, and has never been rocked....

Machida ftw

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Everyone seems to forget that they did NOT drug test in Pride. Do you know why Shogun looked unstoppable in Pride and then came to the UFC and got beat pillar to post by a B+ fighter in Forrest Griffin??? Oh ya...he was juicing! Not only that, but at the time Chute Boxe was the top fight camp around and had downright nasty fighters training there. This was also before Shogun sustained the knee injury that he has never fully recovered from.

Shogun is still a good fighter but just cuz you knock out a punch drunk Chuck Liddell does not mean you are going to beat a guy like Machida who is at the top of his game in every aspect of fighting.

ttk53

Established Member
Everyone seems to forget that they did NOT drug test in Pride. Do you know why Shogun looked unstoppable in Pride and then came to the UFC and got beat pillar to post by a B+ fighter in Forrest Griffin??? Oh ya...he was juicing! Not only that, but at the time Chute Boxe was the top fight camp around and had downright nasty fighters training there. This was also before Shogun sustained the knee injury that he has never fully recovered from.

Shogun is still a good fighter but just cuz you knock out a punch drunk Chuck Liddell does not mean you are going to beat a guy like Machida who is at the top of his game in every aspect of fighting.

Do you know anything about "juicing"? Just cause he got off he wouldnt loose much since I'm sure he would know what he was doing.

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Do you know anything about "juicing"? Just cause he got off he wouldnt loose much since I'm sure he would know what he was doing.

Well "juicing" is meant to imply performance enhancing drugs. Yes I know the concept of cycling steroids so that you get maximum effectiveness while still passing a piss test. Testing has become effective enough that guys are getting busted because they ingested trace amounts of steroids from tainted over the counter supplements.

With that said, I don't think its out of the realm of possiblity that some fighters don't want to risk their careers in the UFC by cycling on/off performance enhancing drugs in fear of a positive test, so they don't take the drugs at all. Could explain the difference in physical size of some fighters as well as fight performances that were less than impressive (Shogun, Wand, Nog, etc)

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
I want Machita to win. I hope it goes for all 5 rounds though. I hate seeing a main event thats ended within the first few minutes.

ITRIEDEL

Established Member
I want Machita to win. I hope it goes for all 5 rounds though. I hate seeing a main event thats ended within the first few minutes.

borinnggg.... last all 5 rounds and they just lay on each other... or throw blind swings... How about have some fun and knock him out in round one... Those are the best... I like the not expected land, that snaps the neck and puts them out... or something flashy like a bicyle kick with a spinng back fist transitioned to a superman swing and at last minute to a flying armbar, and fly away... those are way better than a hump fest for 5 rounds

s_x_i

Established Member
Ha, now this guy gets it and is a true MMA fan!

I figured some of you guys would get it. ;-)

Should be a cracking main event. I'm giving it to Machida, but Shogun is damn dangerous. If he can catch Machida and get inside he can do some serious damage, Shogun hits hard.

I figure Machida will do the usual though. Just try to time the fight, keep moving away and wait for his moment...

Steeda04SVT

Team Bareass New Mexico
Established Member
Tonight, I can't wait.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MG3IvH1KBwk"]YouTube - Lyoto Machida x Mauricio Rua UFC 104[/ame]

Got Torque

well do yah?
Established Member
ehhh machida caries a Black belt in BJJ so shogun would be wasting time to take him down unless he gets desperate which then again is just dumb...maybe if machida couldnt do anything in the ground... Machida uses the karate style not the muay tai. Hes one of the very few true authentic Karate experts in UFC. Really shows what martial arts what its all about. To take the least amount of damage and to inflect the most. Def machida in my book because that dude cant get hit... Hes never lost a fight, never lost a round, and has never been rocked....

Machida ftw

He was almost submitted by Ortiz.
I think you misread quite a few things.

mustangbee

Established Member

i dont agree with this... fighting has alot to with skill, training, etc, but a alot to do with luck also..throw a a punch that lands just a few degrees to the right or left and you win the fight. ever wonder why fighters alot of times look surprised to land knockout blow? the mind cant react fast enough to which these punches and kicks are being thrown. ANYTHING can happen.

rich1011

Established Member
Machida right now is as good as it gets, most people think he will easily beat Shogun, but if Rua can regain the form he had in his Pride days this would be a tremendous fight. Anybody seen his fights from his Pride days? He was a beast!!! I'm hoping to see a classic.

Yes sir! His soccer kicks and stomps were fierce! I wish they were legal in the UFC. I think Lyoto will bring the best out of Rua tonight. I can't wait to see this, but i'm thinking it really is "the machida era".

Users who are viewing this thread